• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attention: Conservative Obsessive Captains

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On behalf of beleaguered FO's everywhere: SHUT UP!! Just Shut-up!!!

You know, all I really want to do is just go to work and do my job as professionally and exact as possible. I don't mind a pleasant conversation mixed in as well. I am interested in your life, your toys, heck you can even show me your family photos. But I don't give a rats *ss who you think I should vote for, and I really don't need multi-day 8 hour lectures on your views.

First of all you are a 50 something year old white male airline captain, and you think I don't know whom you think I should vote for? You think that I don't know that the 2 most important issues in my life are your pension (so I now dutifully sit in the right seat for an extra 5 years) and protecting the income at your tax bracket?

You think that an informed voter is one who spends their day off in the following way: Get up and watch the Fox morning show, then listen to conservative talk radio for the afternoon, watch the Fox evening news, then hurry up and read your political blast mails from conservative watch dog groups, peruse the internet for the Republican talking points of the day, then spend the evening with Glen Beck, Bill O'Reilly, Shaun Hannity, and do it all over again the next day.

Why is it that a shift manager at McDonalds, a toy department manager at Walmart, a supervisor at Jiffey Lube can go to work and do their job without trying to make the world over in their political image but a college educated, professional like you can't supervise a crew of 8 and keep your ugly opinions to your self? Obama this, Obama that. Four years ago it was Kerry this, and Kerry that.

What a joy it is to see you pick up the USA Today or any other available periodical and watch you shake your head violently, listen to you bitch about liberal reporters, and declare global warming to be a hoax (like evolution I am sure). I even witnessed, with my own eyes, one of these same captain demographics get angry and yell at the television in our crew room when a History Channel documentary was talking about global warming on another planet. Sheesh. Enough with the anger oh displaced Teutonic former master of the universe.

Fellow airman, I too feel passionate about some things, but I also realize that some of those topics are very divisive. I have studied the topics of religion/folklorism/mythology for many years and you can be assured that many of my conclusions about the nature of religion is quite against most peoples' grain. So guess what I don't do? I don't bring it up at work. I save it for certain friends that share my views and don't expect the whole world to comport to my viewpoint through incessant nagging.

I understand that I work in a safety sensitive area, that crew coordination is of the up most import, and bringing up issues like politics can lead to major disputes and lead to a lack of harmony and syncopation between the working crew members. In my case, I am not going to get into an argument about politics, but it sure is a shot to my quality of life for up to 6 days having to listen to your rhetoric. I didn't come to work to be educated by you on the evils of liberals, please leave it at home and discuss amongst your friends.

Thank you.

You crazy liberal!!!!!

You're in the minority. Most pilots are conservative and republican, even the ones that belong to unions. Get over it. BTW, I like Rush Limbaugh, anyone who gets the goat of liberals on a daily basis is ok with me!

You're in the minority. Most pilots are conservative and republican, even the ones that belong to unions.

Doesn't mean I should have to listen to their garbage at work, especially when a lot of it is racist garbage this election cycle.

Doesn't mean I should have to listen to their garbage at work, especially when a lot of it is racist garbage this election cycle.

Awaiting eagerly for the day you get banned, AGAIN!

MODS, isn't this PCL quote further justification for a PCL silencing?

I feel your pain, Kugelblitz. I've heard about enough redneck anti-Obama garbage to last me an eternity. No, jackass, I really don't care that you think Obama is the anti-Christ. And no, I don't think it makes any sense for you to be such an outspoken anti-company guy while supporting the candidate of corporations and rich people. Now can you please just shut the f--- up and let me read my "liberal rag" already?

Last edited:
I feel your pain, Kugelblitz. I've heard about enough redneck anti-Obama garbage to last me an eternity. No, jackass, I really don't care that you think Obama is the anti-Christ. And no, I don't think it makes any sense for you to be such an outspoken anti-company guy while supporting the candidate of corporations and rich people. Now can you please just shut the f--- up and let me read my "liberal rag" already?

...yet we have to read your dribble on a daily basis about the Messiah Obama.....You like to voice your opinion....so don't complain when you hear other opinions.....

You complaining about having to hear someone elses opinion....that is priceless....

...yet we have to read your dribble on a daily basis about the Messiah Obama.....You like to voice your opinion....so don't complain when you hear other opinions.....

You complaining about having to hear someone elses opinion....that is priceless....

Come on Joe, you know his opinion is the only one that counts.

Keep on FORCING your BULL on us,PCL! You're right about everything!(NOT!)

....but people should listen to your "garbage"? I see you are throwing out the racist "garbage" yourself now......Better talk to your pal the Rev. Jackson....

Are we still going to need afirmative action after Obama gets elected? :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back