• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attention: Conservative Obsessive Captains

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
F-102 pilot Texas Air National Guard <--he barely flew the thing, and it largely consisted of straight-and-level proficiency flying. Who couldn't do that?

Pulled alert for about 3 years, with nuclear armed Air to Air rockets. I am glad those pilots never were sent to down Soviet bombers.

But there were ANG pilots lost in Vietnam, and some F-102s. The unfortunate trashing of the Air National Guard, by those who know little about it, is rather sad, and silly.

A Mockumentary put out by anti-Obama right wingers, that should be fair and balanced.

Kind of like Michael Moore..the only good movie he has made is about health care.
You know the Dems should already have this election locked up and in reality should have won the 04 election but look what the super left base sends to run. Most of the far left are a lot more less tolerant than the right. If Harry Reid, Bill Richardson or Edwards could have made it through without the Left Liberal base stopping them this election would be over now. But no... they send a guy who has done pretty much nothing but write a book, beat Hillary and never listen to a sermon at church ( "and thats the straight talk"). I also don't buy into the McSame BS. McCain has always worked across party lines...hell Kerry wanted him as a running mate 4 years ago. Obviously MCain has been trying to keep his base happy. After the election I am sure he will be his middle self.... you dont just totally change after 30 years especially with guys like Lieberman and Feingold hanging around with you.

PS...PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME SOMETHING OBAMA HAS DONE THAT IS SIGNIFICANT CONCERNING GOV"T POLICY TO CHANGE MY MIND!!

Last edited:
No, but his steadfast refusal to have any sort of regulation on any industry, including mortgage lending, directly led to this problem. A little regulation is a good thing.

Let both the lenders and borrowers suffer......People need to learn that they can't borrow more than they are able to pay back......You can't fix stupid.....

How about credit cards? Are you going to pass a law that prevents people from borrowing too much on their credit card?

What kind of legislation would you propose to prevent this?

Kugelblitz,
That was one of the best written, well-thought posts I have ever read on FI. I empathize with your plight. Nicely done. We should all be as literate and articulate.

414flyer, you said, "Pulled alert for about 3 years, with nuclear armed Air to Air rockets. I am glad those pilots never were sent to down Soviet bombers. But there were ANG pilots lost in Vietnam, and some F-102s. The unfortunate trashing of the Air National Guard, by those who know little about it, is rather sad, and silly."

You make a good point. What I really meant to say, but omitted, was that Bush's service was not representative of dangerous ANG tasks that were performed by other servicemen. His flying in the ANG was very far-and-few between, with very limited exposure to dangerous tasks. By no means do I mean to minimize the work that ANG servicemen perform. I DID mean to list the minimal effort that Bush put in with his ANG service, however, unlike his fellow servicemen.

Let both the lenders and borrowers suffer......People need to learn that they can't borrow more than they are able to pay back......You can't fix stupid.....

How about credit cards? Are you going to pass a law that prevents people from borrowing too much on their credit card?

What kind of legislation would you propose to prevent this?
No one is suggesting we pass a law that prevents people from borrowing too much on their credit card.

But some people are purposing that we don't allow just anyone to become a mortgage broker, so they can lend their third cousin 500k to buy a house worth 100k then they can poket 400k and their cousin can simply not pay the bills.

Once again Joe Merchant is a complete tool. Dud seriously did you just crawl out of a rock have you read or witnessed any of this mortgage fraud???? Now we are forced to shore up some of the massive losses with tax payer money to prevent the next great depression.

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about....that business degree and masters in finance was for not.

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about....that business degree and masters in finance was for not.[/QUOTE said:
I agree! I suggest you don't get your degrees from the mail anymore.

Sorry, but I'm not willing to let the entire economy implode just so you can have the satisfaction of giving the borrowers and lenders a figurative spanking to teach them a lesson. :rolleyes: The government has a responsibility to provide at least a bare minimum level of stability to the economy.

No, but I would support laws to limit APRs to reasonable levels, require minimum credit scores to receive credit, eliminate ridiculous rules that allow creditors to increase your interest rate simply because you were one day late on another company's account, etc... There is nothing wrong with common sense regulation that protects both borrower and lender. Completely unrestrained capitalism is dangerous.

Tips for silencing cockpit ideologues:

1. Introduce yourself with, "I'm not just a Jehovah's Witness...I sell Amway too!"
2. The classic Pull My Finger bit.
3. Interrupt their screed with "giggity" anytime they use the words "head" "come" or "nail".
4. Reply only in Klingon.
5. Carry a small bottle of water with you, and flick some on them. When they ask WTF?...tell 'em it's Holy Water and you wanna see if their skin sizzles.
6. Fake a stroke.
7. Tell 'em, "The guy in 6B thinks you're hot"
8. Or, "I used to think that way too, but the tinfoil made my head sweat."
9. Ask them if an airplane placed on a treadmill moving in the opposite direction, at the same speed...would take off.
10. Two words: "Crash Ax"

I find that if I start twitching and/or drooling, they clam up pretty quick.

Qapla' !

Nu

cave- i appreciate you looking at the other side... I also look at Fox news and Hannity and O'Reilly-- Fox is the equivalent of MSNBC - one right, one left. CNN is not msnbc. And neither is pbs. And i don't see the huge influence on stories by Turner. That being said- i'd imagine you watch cnn w/ the same amount of distaste that I watch the pompous self-aggrandizing OReilly- but w/o the same reason. The accomplishments of the average Fox "journalist" are 'big tits' and willing to spout off the republican agenda.

That being said- I appreciate that you look at the other side. That's important. I hope you wouldn't be shocked to find that there are many things Democrat that i don't support- Just for me- the scale is tipped left.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back