• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Attempted Suicide on Shuttle America?

sXeflyer

Total Time
Enough
Heard on Atlanta Radio 129.6, about 2:15 eastern on the 6th. Shuttle America flight to IAD (flt7515??). Pilots were reporting to dispatch that a man wielded a knife, and slit his wrists. They said a paramedic said he was stable, and they were going to continue to IAD. 5 minutes later they call back again and said that the man pulled out another knife and was trying to cut himself again. Anybody know the outcome.

biscuit

Total Time
The flight was diverted to MEM. The pax was removed. All remaining people were re-screened.

grog_sit_reserv

Crashcave Lounger
Total Time
Uknown
I've commuted on Shuttle, this guys reaction seems appropriate.
Sure am glad Homeland Security is busy with New Orleans, or they would have dispatched some F-16's.

PGTB

Total Time
5000+
My question is whether or not they got blood on the seats.

BN2A

Total Time
6000+
sXeflyer said:
Heard on Atlanta Radio 129.6, about 2:15 eastern on the 6th. Shuttle America flight to IAD (flt7515??). Pilots were reporting to dispatch that a man wielded a knife, and slit his wrists. They said a paramedic said he was stable, and they were going to continue to IAD. 5 minutes later they call back again and said that the man pulled out another knife and was trying to cut himself again. Anybody know the outcome.

Was it because of what he was earning in the right seat?

PGTB

Total Time
5000+
I dont think anyone mentioned the flight leaving from ATL.

DX Rick

Total Time
Cardinal said:
Way to go TSA!!

They were too busy TRIPLE scanning my Nikes in Vegas.

"sir, your shoes are abnormally large"

"Thats because I have a size 15 foot"

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Total Time
sXeflyer said:

WOW:eek: !!!!! I didn't think IAD was that bad.

FlyinScotsman

Left-Handed Gear Jockey
Total Time
ntenuf
Whoa, I thought those TSA guys were on the ball! [sarcasm] Two knives! What a bunch of morons. I have had my nail clippers examined throughly and shoes wanded, customs declaration verified all while in uniform, but two knives on some joker getting through. I feel so much safer with the Tons Standing Around on the job. :)

MetroSheriff

Hittin' the road...
Total Time
PGTB said:
My question is whether or not they got blood on the seats.

Probably not any more than the stews do. If you catch my drift...

:eek:

theo

Total Time
sXeflyer said:

What airport did this flight originate in?

viper548

Total Time
Oh, and TSA wants to allow pocket knives and ice picks on airplanes

erj-145mech

Total Time
The aircraft was going from Houston (IAH) to IAD. I guess if you're an evacuee, formerly known as a refugee, you don't get the scrutany than a pilot receives. The aircraft was diverted to BNA where the subject was taken to a mental health facility. BNA Ground had the airplane on the National Guard ramp, then repo'd to a gate to get the remaining pax screened again. So much for the Houston TSA personel.

rvsm410

Total Time
I know this is a turboprop but isn't this taking it a bit to far..geez these passengers now days!

In all seriousness, good job of the crew...I feel for these folks loosing there homes and famlies....

The TSA..Hmmmmm why does this surprise anyone?