Attempted Suicide on Shuttle America?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyinScotsman said:
Whoa, I thought those TSA guys were on the ball! [sarcasm] Two knives! What a bunch of morons. I have had my nail clippers examined throughly and shoes wanded, customs declaration verified all while in uniform, but two knives on some joker getting through. I feel so much safer with the Tons Standing Around on the job. :)

I would prefer that you refer to them by their proper name, they've earned it and deserve it: "Those Stupid A*****s"

Last edited by a moderator:
The reports coming in on CNN said he called himself E170GuppyKiller. ******** He must of lost it and couldn't get to his computer in time, can anyone verify this?

viper548 said:
Oh, and TSA wants to allow pocket knives and ice picks on airplanes

Don't forget Bows and friggin' arrows!! Because I can't COUNT the number of times that, as a passenger, I've needed to practice in-flight archery. Get a hard sided case and CHECK IT!!
We can't carry our Leathermans (Leathermen?) but passengers are gonna be able to have BOWS AND ARROWS AND ICEPICKS???

sleddriver77 said:
Don't forget Bows and friggin' arrows!! Because I can't COUNT the number of times that, as a passenger, I've needed to practice in-flight archery.
Are they trying to change that? Right now on the TSA website they are showing as prohibited.

How about knitting needles? They are currently allowed and are freaking scary.

Last edited:
I was pulling into the gate yesterday in Nashville and was wondering why the 170 was surrouned by cop cars. There were 4-5 police vehicles around it and it was parked about 100 yards away from the gates. I heard later about the suicide threat. My guess is if you're really serious about killing yourself you're not going to do it on a full passenger airplane but who knows what goes through the mind of somebody at the end of their rope.

Mesa Fan Club said:
The reports coming in on CNN said he called himself E170GuppyKiller. ********He must of lost it and couldn't get to his computer in time, can anyone verify this?

Moderators, why do you allow these sort of things to be said? Also, the previous post had some inappropriate language also.

Latest resources

Back