Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cardinal said:
Way to go TSA!!

They were too busy TRIPLE scanning my Nikes in Vegas.

"sir, your shoes are abnormally large"

"Thats because I have a size 15 foot"

sXeflyer said:
Heard on Atlanta Radio 129.6, about 2:15 eastern on the 6th. Shuttle America flight to IAD (flt7515??). Pilots were reporting to dispatch that a man wielded a knife, and slit his wrists. They said a paramedic said he was stable, and they were going to continue to IAD. 5 minutes later they call back again and said that the man pulled out another knife and was trying to cut himself again. Anybody know the outcome.

WOW:eek: !!!!! I didn't think IAD was that bad.

Whoa, I thought those TSA guys were on the ball! [sarcasm] Two knives! What a bunch of morons. I have had my nail clippers examined throughly and shoes wanded, customs declaration verified all while in uniform, but two knives on some joker getting through. I feel so much safer with the Tons Standing Around on the job. :)

PGTB said:
My question is whether or not they got blood on the seats.

Probably not any more than the stews do. If you catch my drift...

:eek:

sXeflyer said:
Heard on Atlanta Radio 129.6, about 2:15 eastern on the 6th. Shuttle America flight to IAD (flt7515??). Pilots were reporting to dispatch that a man wielded a knife, and slit his wrists. They said a paramedic said he was stable, and they were going to continue to IAD. 5 minutes later they call back again and said that the man pulled out another knife and was trying to cut himself again. Anybody know the outcome.

What airport did this flight originate in?

The aircraft was going from Houston (IAH) to IAD. I guess if you're an evacuee, formerly known as a refugee, you don't get the scrutany than a pilot receives. The aircraft was diverted to BNA where the subject was taken to a mental health facility. BNA Ground had the airplane on the National Guard ramp, then repo'd to a gate to get the remaining pax screened again. So much for the Houston TSA personel.

I know this is a turboprop but isn't this taking it a bit to far..geez these passengers now days!

In all seriousness, good job of the crew...I feel for these folks loosing there homes and famlies....

The TSA..Hmmmmm why does this surprise anyone?

Latest resources

Back