ATP WRITTEN Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CaptETWes said:
OK, regardless if you can use a 135 written at a 121 (which I honestly have not heard happen)

And I seriously doubt that you have ever heard of it *not* happening. The FAA makes the rules on what is or is not acceptable for pilot certification, not the airlines. Even in the cases where upgrade type ratings and ATPs are issued by a DPE who is an airline employee, That DPE would not have the discretion to reject a valid ATP knowledge test result because of some made-up requirement of hte airline's. Remember, it is the FAA issuing the ATP, not the airline.

To the original poster: If you are getting the ATP certificate now, and someday *might* apply to an airline (or might not), which test you take doesn't make the slightest bit of difference. Once you've got the ATP certificate, there is no readily available evidence which test you took. I suppose that a company which was really interested could file a FOIA requiest ofr all records pertaining to your certification (normal FAA record check wouldn't indicate which test you took) and these records *might* reveal which test you took, if they hadn't been shredded by then. The only possible difference it *might* make is that if you someday ended up flying for a 121 carrier, you might be *slighty* more familiar with 121 regs if you took the 121 test. Given that this is a *might someday if it interests me* type of thing, you're probably just as likely to get a job for a 135 operator.

Thanks again....for the input....I am preparing for the 121 exam.

As I scanned through ASA's and Gleim's written test prep books I noticed something. Almost everything in the book including "performance" questions apply to both exams...Both companies suggest studying all performance questions. One of the big differences was chapter ONE, which was regulations. Obviously, they are different for their respected operating status 121 or 135. But all other subject matter:
EQUIPMENT, NAVIGATION, AND FACILITIES
AERODYNAMICS
PERFORMANCE
WEIGHT AND BALANCE
FLIGHT OPERATIONS
EMERGENCIES
METEOROLOGY..............................Is the same regardless of which test I take. Thanks again for the input.....I will take the 121.

Latest resources

Back