• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATP written exam

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anyone know how long the ATP written exam is good for? I know that most tests are valid for 24 monthes, but I thinkthe ATP written is good indefinietly if you are currently flying for a 121 carrier.

This is a great question, also hear that if you are MIL ,the 24 month exp is N/A...any help out there, can't seem to get a straight answer, even from the FSDO....oh yeah and if you have the FAR ref too that would be cool...

Last edited:
If you pass the ATP, it is good for 24 calander months. If you are employed with a 121 carrier, it will remain good as long as you are employed. If you switch 121 carriers, it will still be good, but there is some stipulation with that. I think it depends on how much time there is between companies.

ejpogo said:
If you pass the ATP, it is good for 24 calander months. If you are employed with a 121 carrier, it will remain good as long as you are employed. If you switch 121 carriers, it will still be good, but there is some stipulation with that. I think it depends on how much time there is between companies.

This applies to me, can you elaborate at all? The last thing I want to do is study for that freaking test again.

Here's a question for ya. I took my ATP written a couple of years ago and it is still good but since that time I have accidentally lost the report. I called All ATP's where I took the test and they say they don't keep any record of it. Anyone have any idea on what I can do short of taking the test over again?

Magneto said:
Here's a question for ya. I took my ATP written a couple of years ago and it is still good but since that time I have accidentally lost the report. I called All ATP's where I took the test and they say they don't keep any record of it. Anyone have any idea on what I can do short of taking the test over again?

Check your PM

When I took the Practical, it had been three years since the written, but I was at the same 121 company. The local FSDO might have info regarding stipulations if you switch carriers, but I think it is still good. As far as being furloughed, I do not know. Check with the FSDO or go to www.faa.gov and work your way through a search of the FARs. I got some good info on a different subject, as there are some great topics out there that you will find. I remember when I was going to take my practical. I was so glad I did not have to take the written again. I would never be able to pass it without some serious help. You will need a copy of your written with the practical. Should check out the faa website for that too. The search engine they have is real good.

Good luck

In regards to switching companies, your local Feds will go both way on the issues. The best thing to do is get something in writing from the FSDO and/or your company that says they will honor your written if it has expired and you switched companies.

Latest resources

Back