• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

ATP written exam

Total Time
5000+
Does anyone know how long the ATP written exam is good for? I know that most tests are valid for 24 monthes, but I thinkthe ATP written is good indefinietly if you are currently flying for a 121 carrier.

smarc130

GO YANKS!
Total Time
X 1.2
This is a great question, also hear that if you are MIL ,the 24 month exp is N/A...any help out there, can't seem to get a straight answer, even from the FSDO....oh yeah and if you have the FAR ref too that would be cool...

Last edited:

ejpogo

Total Time
11000+
If you pass the ATP, it is good for 24 calander months. If you are employed with a 121 carrier, it will remain good as long as you are employed. If you switch 121 carriers, it will still be good, but there is some stipulation with that. I think it depends on how much time there is between companies.

dojetdriver

Total Time
ejpogo said:
If you pass the ATP, it is good for 24 calander months. If you are employed with a 121 carrier, it will remain good as long as you are employed. If you switch 121 carriers, it will still be good, but there is some stipulation with that. I think it depends on how much time there is between companies.

This applies to me, can you elaborate at all? The last thing I want to do is study for that freaking test again.

Magneto

Total Time
1+
Here's a question for ya. I took my ATP written a couple of years ago and it is still good but since that time I have accidentally lost the report. I called All ATP's where I took the test and they say they don't keep any record of it. Anyone have any idea on what I can do short of taking the test over again?

dojetdriver

Total Time
Magneto said:
Here's a question for ya. I took my ATP written a couple of years ago and it is still good but since that time I have accidentally lost the report. I called All ATP's where I took the test and they say they don't keep any record of it. Anyone have any idea on what I can do short of taking the test over again?

Check your PM

ejpogo

Total Time
11000+
When I took the Practical, it had been three years since the written, but I was at the same 121 company. The local FSDO might have info regarding stipulations if you switch carriers, but I think it is still good. As far as being furloughed, I do not know. Check with the FSDO or go to www.faa.gov and work your way through a search of the FARs. I got some good info on a different subject, as there are some great topics out there that you will find. I remember when I was going to take my practical. I was so glad I did not have to take the written again. I would never be able to pass it without some serious help. You will need a copy of your written with the practical. Should check out the faa website for that too. The search engine they have is real good.

Good luck

oiltycoon

Total Time
1+
In regards to switching companies, your local Feds will go both way on the issues. The best thing to do is get something in writing from the FSDO and/or your company that says they will honor your written if it has expired and you switched companies.