ATP written at ATP...??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BritishGuy

I've had a few people tell me that they walked into ATP locations not having studied any of the ATP questions and by the evening they had the ATP written done. Does ATP have some kind of secret or not really? Has anyone failed one of their one day ATP written exam preps? Time is limiting right now and I'll be willing to spend the $2-300 to get this ATP written out of the way the quickest way possible. Is this ATP way recommended or should I spend a long weekend and just put the work in myself?

If time is an issue, go ATP. I thought is was well worth the extra money to have it over in a day. I paid the $290 (approx) and was done. If you figure you buy the book ($30) and pay for the test ($85) your almost at half. What's your time worth. I know it would of taken me days to study from the Gleim. I'm a little slow.

if you don't mind me asking what kinda of result did you get? Also, did you do ANY prior studying or none whatsoever? Thanks for the info.

BritishGuy said:
I've had a few people tell me that they walked into ATP locations not having studied any of the ATP questions and by the evening they had the ATP written done. Does ATP have some kind of secret or not really? Has anyone failed one of their one day ATP written exam preps? Time is limiting right now and I'll be willing to spend the $2-300 to get this ATP written out of the way the quickest way possible. Is this ATP way recommended or should I spend a long weekend and just put the work in myself?

I worked at ATP years ago and while I was there no one failed the test and as I can remember all scores were within the 90s. The secret is, is that they have narrowed down the question bank to the questions that are actually asked. It is only about 30% of the questions are on any version of the FAA exam, and you just study those, and the correct answer. Will you remember any in a month? No, but they get you a passing score, and that is what is important.

Yeah I worked there too and my impression was about the same. Just memorize (don't learn anything :)) and just about anyone who got with the program scored in the 90's. Depends how much of your free time you want to use to save a few bucks. Another nice thing is that they have a testing center right there all set up for you.

Three of us flew down to the ATP place in TTN back in April. Started at 9:00 am and we were on our way home by 19:30. The day was long, but well worth it. All of us scored in the 90's. Bring a lunch for TTN, not many food places deliver. All in all, the best 295 bucks I ever spent!

It's really no different than a day of flightinfo.com

You start early in the morning and mindless go through the day clicking on page after page after page after page.

Except in the end you'll have your ATP to show for it.

:)

I scored a 90. Its was myself and another guy taking the FE. We began studying at 0800 and we were both ready to test by 1400. Was out of there by 1500. I had studied some of the Gleim 2 years earlier.

I borrowed the King videos from my old flight school and started watching those. Half way into it I was either ready to kill myself or John and Martha :)
Smartened up, called ATP's, went to Trenton, scored somewhere in the mid 90's.

I worked at ATP, and everyone who took the written prep and test passed with flying colors. The program is really good...taking all of the questions from the test bank and sorting out all of the questions you will never see. That way, you only have to study about 500 questions.

Latest resources

Back