ATP Written, 121 or 135

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bluto said:
(1) Is employed as a flight crewmember by a certificate holder under part 121, 125, or 135 of this chapter at the time of the practical test and has satisfactorily accomplished that operator's approved (training program).
...theres your answer right there ;)

Bluto (and Pilotyip)

>>>>>>"Pilotyip,
I'm interested in your source for the "...continuous employment at a 121 or 135 certificate holder with employment starting before your ATP written expires..." part.

That particular regulation has been changed several times. At one time it *did* explicitly require continuous employment. As you point out it doesn't any longer. I think that Pilotyip is thinking of the previous requirement.

So you can take your ATP written and as long as you're working for a 135 or 121 company when you take your Practical its okay? Like...it could be 5 years from your written?

-mini

>>>>>>Like...it could be 5 years from your written?

well, there is no time limit specified, so in absence of information to the contrary, I would say there is no time limit.

Go do the SEL ATP

Don't worry about the test, take the test and then do the SEL ATP. Regs have changed and I do not keep up on those regs and I am not sure the 121 POI's do either.

Take the one that more closely matches what you think you'll be doing when you actually take the practical. If you think you will be flying 135, take the 135 version because it will only increase your working knowledge of 135 regs, and this will obviously benefit you the most. I got my ATP while I was flying 135 and while the 121 test seemed like the better option because that's where I knew I was headed, (and I always like to be prepared!) I felt that I didn't really need to clutter my head at that point in time with stuff like how many flight attendants I would need if I was carrying 124 people versus 175.

Nobody will ever know which one you took, so take the one that will help you the most when you are taking the practical.

Like most above said it doesn't matter which one you take. I say do the 135 one then get the rating. Once your ticket say ATP then nobody cares anyway. In May/June 1999 I did the 135 written and the next week went to ATP's in TTN and knocked out the rating.

I bought the Gliem book stidied the 135 stuff until I had it momorized and took the test at a local communtiy college with a flight program, Cost 36-book, test-30.

I paid cash at ATP's for the rating so that was 975 and the examiner fee of 220.

Total 36+30+975+220=1261 for my ATP.

The most inmortant thing is to get the rating.

Good Luck.

Riddle me this if anyone can. I took the Airplane ATP written 3 yrs ago. Thing is I fly helos part 135 instead of FW. Is the airplane ATP written still valid since I fly helos 135?

Thanks,

Glenn

But...Since I'm not a reg master I would suggest going to propilot.com and asking that question. They will know for sure.

I'm just a line pilot!

Latest resources

Back