• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATP Written, 121 or 135

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for all the replies and opinions. I had a guy trying to tell me that the 121 superceded the 135. My thought had always been that once you received your ATP ticket it didn't matter.

Now if I can only convince the examiner that I am of "good moral character" for the ride!

Thanks all.

Has anyone taken the 121 ATP written recently? If so, were there any B1900 questions on it?

Gleim claims that there is a chance that 1900 questions could be asked on the 121 version of the test, wondering if anyone has ever seen this?

I just took the Part 121 written, from www.sheppardair.com - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! I fly Part 135 and don't need the rating, however, I had a chance to add it for free at a recent visit to Flight Safety on the Caravan (grant it, it is a single engine). Anyway, Mike at Sheppard Air is a great guy and this has to be the easiest and cheapest way to pass the written.

Written Retest

sweptback said:
I don't believe you can take a written test twice, assuming you passed the first time.

Also, 135 or 121, it's an ATP written. I can guarantee that an employer won't care which one you took, nor could they really -- since you passed it you can't take it over again.

Take whichever you're more familiar with. If you're undecided, take the 121, it won't hurt. Just memorize the performance/w&b questions anyway.
I'm a manager for our testing center. I want to put in my two cents and say that you can indeed retake a test that you have passed inorder to improve your score. I can't recall how long you need to wait, but we just had someone retake their ATP to gain a higher score. So this can be done.

Workin'Stiff said:
I'm a manager for our testing center. I want to put in my two cents and say that you can indeed retake a test that you have passed inorder to improve your score. I can't recall how long you need to wait, but we just had someone retake their ATP to gain a higher score. So this can be done.
So if you've passed the written and want to take it again to get a better score or it expired or whatever, do you need a new endorsement to take it again or can you just bring the copy of the one you already took? Can't seem to find any reference in the FAR's.

You will need to present your previous test results. However, for ATP, you do not need an endorsement. As per AC 8080.6D, an applicant may retest for a higher score 30 days after the inital attempt. The applicant then must surrender the previous test result before retaking the test and the proctor will destroy these results as the new testing results will reflect the official results.

Hope this helps.

Latest resources

Back