ATP / Type rating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cynic

I was thinking of finally getting to my ATP and I wonder...

Can you get an ATP and a type rating at the same time somewhere. I was thinking something simple like a Citation rating.

I just figured if it doesn't cost a bazillion dollars I might as well do something fun along with getting my ATP.

Ideas?

Yes you can, it's done all the time. Just show up at the school with your written passed. The checkride is the same.

That is how I turned my SE ATP into a ME ATP when I got my CE-550 type.

B-737-200 is the cheapest type rating you'll find, about 6K, the simple citation is over 10K, gofigure.

B-737-200 is the cheapest type rating you'll find, about 6K, the simple citation is over 10K, gofigure.

I know tht you probably just meant a 737 type in a -200 sim, but to clarify, a type for a 737-200 isn't any different that any other 737 type. It's all the same type rating (unless they've added a seperate type for one of the later 737's since I checked)

Flight Crew Systems in Carlsbad, CA had a course for a CE-500 type for $5500. Price may be a bit higher now but it does the checkride in the plane so you won't have an IOE restriction like you would get by doing the checkride all in a simulator.

Funny how FSI rapes us this day and age. Type in the Sovereign runs about 35K. Similar for a X. You can do a 737 EFIS for a lot less than that.

Latest resources

Back