ATP ride during type at NetJets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

D_G

Have a friend with 2500 TT but no ATP, anyone been hired at NetJets without the ATP and got it with the type ride in training?

I know a guy who hired in without one. Once he got a feel that he had the job he leveled with them that he didn't actually have his ATP --but make sure you have your written done (before you interview)

D_G said:
Have a friend with 2500 TT but no ATP, anyone been hired at NetJets without the ATP and got it with the type ride in training?

According to the NetJets' website (http://www.netjets.com/News%20and%20Info/careers_pilots.asp), here are the pre-requisites to apply:

"To qualify as a NetJets Aviation (Citation, Hawker, Falcon, Gulfstream 200, Boeing aircraft) pilot candidate you must have the following prerequisites:

• Airline Transport Pilot Certificate
  • Current FAA First Class Medical certificate
  • 2500 hours total pilot time
  • 500 hours fixed wing multi-engine time
  • 250 hours instrument time "
As I recall, they check certificates during the interview, so they would likely catch someone without an ATP at that time.

xdrvr said:
I know a guy who hired in without one. Once he got a feel that he had the job he leveled with them that he didn't actually have his ATP --but make sure you have your written done (before you interview)

Please do not follow what this guy did. His buddy LIED on the application and if NJA finds someone lying, they will let you go immediately. I am surprised this guy was allowed to be hired and yes, certificates are required to be presented during the interview process. We even photo copy the certificates once we have checked to make sure they meet the minimums.

HD

Last edited:
Guess he was lucky... this was a while ago and he must have either known someone, or handled it some other way. can't imagine him lying on an app??!

xdrvr said:
Guess he was lucky... this was a while ago and he must have either known someone, or handled it some other way. can't imagine him lying on an app??!

I'm amazed by the stuff some people do to get a job, lying wise!!! It's incredible.:eek:

Latest resources

Back