ATP - Jax, Atl, Pensacola, Lakeland

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

larry

I'm hoping to get some information on instructing at ATPs in Jacksonville, Atlanta, Pensacola or Lakeland. If you've worked there and wouldn't mind handing out some info please post or PM me. I'll be looking for an instructing job in April of next year so I'm poking around. Thanks...

They generally only hire students from the Professional Pilot program or those that get their CFI ratings from All ATP. Most of the planes are in great shape.

My personal opinion is that they teach people to pass the tests but not necessarily all the required information to be a competent pilot. I was happy with my experience there I just think some of those folks who get all but their private pilot ratings from All ATP better do lots of studying on their own or they will be in trouble when it comes to flying in bad weather.

Good luck,
AZPilot

I stopped by the one in Atlanta at PDK the other day and there were 5 folks sitting in the office going through a 3 month course that included 7 checkrides. I can't imagine anyone learing much more than just passing the test. While I probably wasn't qualified to work for them I didn't even inquire as I disagree with this philosophy.

RT

I can't imagine anyone learing much more than just passing the test

Its called flying and studying 7 days a week. Its a program for the motivated who accomplish a great deal in 90 days.

I suggest you work on your limited imagination.

No one cares about your philosophy !

ALL ATPS

I, checked out the fulton county charlie brown location last year and found that they were geared to moving you through at a good pace, which would have not been any problem.

the only draw back is in the lodging, i was in a postion to use a friends condo for the time, but, the person who gave me the tour said that the price did not change even when you provied your own place to stay in Atlanta, this was the only draw back to the program , so i elected to fiinish up in the orlando area.

fly safeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:cool:

rumpletumbler,

Obviously you are a graduate of said course.

No I am not. I was an instructor for ATP in San Antonio after completing their CFII course in Phoenix. I have many friends who went through the Pro Pilot course in 1999 and are currently at ASA.

The course is for motivated individuals.

I finished the "Pro Pilot" course in 1999. I than instructed for 2 years with a 100% pass rate. Followed by single pilot 135 frieght(passed all checkrides, 1st attempt), and have never had any questions that my previous training was anything but supurbe.

You must stay highly motivated in the program and study your ass off. But you will get out of it what you put into it..

My 2 cents goes something like this:

I've done a lot of research on ALLATP, and it all boils down to the luck of the draw. It mostly depends on the instructor. How long have they been there? Do they have any experience? Are they people persons? (Can they teach?).

I wish I had the money to go there. $33 plus is tough to shell out all at once. However ALLATP instructors are "almost" guaranteed a job in a twin after graduating. Furthermore, even in this time, a down turn, an ALLATP instructor is hard pressed to stay at their instructor job for longer than a year before a regional position comes along. That’s a lot sooner than any of my current instructors have been able to land a job. One has been a c172 driver for 3+ years. The other just got a corporate job after instructing in c152s for 3 years. WoW! That sucks! I mean, instructing may be fun, but not many command the fees that Rod Machado does!

But what do I know! I just have upwards of 140 hours. My 172 doesn't compare to what you folks drive! The military has an intense course structure, the airlines have a fire hose that you MUST drink from, why can't ALLATP teach the same way? Would they be a better school if it were 2 or 3 months longer? Nah!! The truth is they are "somewhat" selective and not everybody cuts the mustard!

Cecil

Latest resources

Back