ATP from ATP????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skychicken

Anyone go through Atp's 2 day course lately??? I was thinking about going to Phoenix and getting mine. I am currently flying 121 and its been a while since Ive flown GA. Just wondering if someone can tell me what to expect.
Thanks

if your talking about the written...they throw you infront of a computer for 8hrs on the first day and on the second day you do the test...

I taught the ATP 2-day course when I worked there. Basically, you get 2 flights with the instructor on the first day. Then, you take the checkride.

Hard part can be getting comfortable enough to fly to ATP-standards in a PA44 if you don't have any time in one. I went while current in a Cessna 340, and it was tough to be that good in a plane you're not that familiar with. It can be done, though.
Maybe you could set up your next 121 ride as an ATP ride? That's the best way to do it, you're already current and comfy in that plane, etc.

340drvr said:
Maybe you could set up your next 121 ride as an ATP ride? That's the best way to do it, you're already current and comfy in that plane, etc.

I don't know of any airlines that offer this unless it is specifically stipulated in the pilot CBA. Certainly would be nice though!

They do it at Mesa. It's a paperwork issue, nothing more. I would think most 121 airlines would do the same.

i did it a couple of years ago in a PA44 and it suprisingly easy.....everything is very slow so do not worry about it.

Latest resources

Back