ATP ASEL add-on Questions???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Checks

Currently have an ATP AMEL and a Commerical ASEL ticket.

I want to add my ATP ASEL. Do I need to do it in a complex airplane?

Yes, I should know this without asking it on this message board. I am ashamed.

I must be missing something in the PTS/Part61 but it looks like I can do it in a straight C-172.

Any thoughts? Has anyone does this before?

Also, I know the ATP ASEL will be worthless in the real world.

Thanks in Advance

You're okay in a fixed gear 172...have a friend that did his ATPME in a Duchess and ATPSE in a 172P...said the SE add on ride was about half an hour sice they covered everything in the ME ride...

Good luck and let me know how the ride goes (PM if you want).

-mini

Are you getting it just to get another rating, or is there some reason? Just curious because I can't think of too many jobs that need ATP single engine.

I found out I could use my GI BILL to pay for the test. That means the aircraft rental for the checkride and the examiners fee are reimbursable so I figured what the hell. The aircraft rental is 59 an hour for a beat up C-172 so I was thinking of getting 2-3 hours prep time on my own and whola I can upgrade to the ATP for under 200 bucks.

I know, it will still be a waste of 200 bucks.

Yes, you can use a C-172 or other fixed gear single.

I was planning on doing this myself a couple of years ago when I got my ATP-AMEL. Then I decided that it was pointless.

Caravans (land or sea as appropriate) need an ATP if flown part 135 in the high density seating configuration. (any plane with 10 or more seats)

If you have a lot of cash from the GI bill, why not get a heli rating or something like that?

Although, I have also thought of picking up the SE ATP just for the heck of it.

Already a helicopter pilot. I wanted to add my helicopter CFI to my instructor ticket but there are no 141 schools close to where I live in Ohio.

Checks said:
Already a helicopter pilot. I wanted to add my helicopter CFI to my instructor ticket but there are no 141 schools close to where I live in Ohio.

I think a town just outside of Cedar Rapids, Iowa has a big helicopter school. At least they used to.

Latest resources

Back