• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

ATP ASEL add-on Questions???

Checks

Total Time
Currently have an ATP AMEL and a Commerical ASEL ticket.

I want to add my ATP ASEL. Do I need to do it in a complex airplane?

Yes, I should know this without asking it on this message board. I am ashamed.

I must be missing something in the PTS/Part61 but it looks like I can do it in a straight C-172.

Any thoughts? Has anyone does this before?

Also, I know the ATP ASEL will be worthless in the real world.

Thanks in Advance

minitour

You're okay in a fixed gear 172...have a friend that did his ATPME in a Duchess and ATPSE in a 172P...said the SE add on ride was about half an hour sice they covered everything in the ME ride...

Good luck and let me know how the ride goes (PM if you want).

-mini

labbats

Zulu who?
Total Time
Are you getting it just to get another rating, or is there some reason? Just curious because I can't think of too many jobs that need ATP single engine.

FlyWithSean

Total Time
Are there any jobs that require a ATP SE?

Checks

Total Time
I found out I could use my GI BILL to pay for the test. That means the aircraft rental for the checkride and the examiners fee are reimbursable so I figured what the hell. The aircraft rental is 59 an hour for a beat up C-172 so I was thinking of getting 2-3 hours prep time on my own and whola I can upgrade to the ATP for under 200 bucks.

I know, it will still be a waste of 200 bucks.

Pilot_Ryan

Tiller Twirler
Total Time
Brunch
Yes, you can use a C-172 or other fixed gear single.

I was planning on doing this myself a couple of years ago when I got my ATP-AMEL. Then I decided that it was pointless.

WMUSIGPI

The $100,000,000 Question
Total Time
5000+
Caravans (land or sea as appropriate) need an ATP if flown part 135 in the high density seating configuration. (any plane with 10 or more seats)

100LL... Again!

youwantapieceofme??
Total Time
4000+
If you have a lot of cash from the GI bill, why not get a heli rating or something like that?

Although, I have also thought of picking up the SE ATP just for the heck of it.

Checks

Total Time
Already a helicopter pilot. I wanted to add my helicopter CFI to my instructor ticket but there are no 141 schools close to where I live in Ohio.

labbats

Zulu who?
Total Time
Checks said:
Already a helicopter pilot. I wanted to add my helicopter CFI to my instructor ticket but there are no 141 schools close to where I live in Ohio.

I think a town just outside of Cedar Rapids, Iowa has a big helicopter school. At least they used to.