ATNALPA Communication

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Speed,

Your kind words are greatly appreciated. Looking forward to being part of the team!!!

Very well said, Speed. Very well said.

And DC9- can't wait to have you, and all the other good attitudes at AT here as well.

It is not that the AT pilot group are ungrateful, but you can see why some people are not negotiating the SLI. From what I have heard from the negotiating committee the process is being handled cordially and professionally. These are the people we want handling these negotiations and I firmly believe it will come to a fair result. I appreciate what I have to look forward too and will ALWAYS be grateful to all the fine men and women at SWA. Let's all try to be patient and let our peers work this out in an open atmosphere.

My opinion.

We, the AT pilots are simply trying our best to be at least recognized for the years of hard work we have put in during some of the toughest years in this industry, and work out an integration which recognizes this hard work.

OldMan, this was an honest, well-thought post. I think our future together will be bright.

Unfortunately, the SWA pilots are not in the business of rewarding trannies for whatever you have or haven't done at AirTran. You guys are beaten and bruised from years of oppressive mgmt and that sucks. But you seem to think the fact that you chose to stick around for the continued beatings earns you some credits at SWA.

If you want recognition for your achievements, go buy each other some plaques. We will not hand you seniority to compensate you for the years of pain you willingly endured at ATN.

OldManPilot & other Airtran (Future) SWA pilots,

I understand where you're coming from and think you will be very happy once on property. I also think that you will be treated with dignity and respect...but how warm a reception the AT pilot group receives will be influenced by the group's attitude.

You see, the one thing all SWA pilots have in common is that we all feel genuinely blessed to be a part of this company. Many of us had it as a long term career goal that took 10 - 15 years to attain. We paid for our type rating for just the hope of getting an interview and then it took some of us 2 or 3 interviews until finally hired. We happily took huge pay cuts (100K in my case) that first year and commuted to sit reserve while sweating out our probationary year. The thing we have in common is that every one of us was willing to crawl over broken glass to get this job. We have an "attitude of gratitude" and a "can-do, servant leadership, how can we help the team mentality."

For those of you at AT the never wanted to be part of SWA...I'm sorry things didn't work out for you to stay at AT for the rest of your career. Starting in two years, all world wide Majors are forecast to be hiring like never before over the next 20 years, so hopefully you can find a long term employer that suits you.

I think most folks there see and appreciate the opportunity they're being offered here. While I understand that you want to get the best deal possible. Please keep the big picture in mind and resist the temptation to over-reach and appear ungrateful. From the perspective I shared above about our attitude towards getting this job, here's what I see you're being offered. You get our dream job without having to get your type rating. You don't have to interview. You don't have to sweat out a year of probation. You don't have to take a $100K cut the first year (in fact, most of you will get in the neighborhood of a $70K raise), and we'll build in some fence protection for a few years so you don't have to do the commute to sit reserve like we all did. That's such an unbelievable, smokin' deal in my mind after what I went through, that it wouldn't bother me a bit to start at the bottom of SWA's seniority list (like we all did without any of the bennies you're getting). If this would have been offered to me, I'd be walking on cloud 9...feel twice as blessed as I did to get the job the way I got it, and I'd have that attitude of gratitude, can-do, servant leader, how can I help the team mentality that would ensure I fit right into the Southwest culture. If the AT pilot group recognizes and appreciates my sentiments above, I guarantee you will be treated with dignity and respect...you'll be welcomed as family the way each of us was.
Fraternally,
Speed

I don't know who you are, but you have a lot of class, like most of the WN pilots I have met. Whatever happens you are a credit to your company.

I understand where you're coming from and think you will be very happy once on property. I also think that you will be treated with dignity and respect...but how warm a reception the AT pilot group receives will be influenced by the group's attitude.

You see, the one thing all SWA pilots have in common is that we all feel genuinely blessed to be a part of this company. Many of us had it as a long term career goal that took 10 - 15 years to attain. We paid for our type rating for just the hope of getting an interview and then it took some of us 2 or 3 interviews until finally hired. We happily took huge pay cuts (100K in my case) that first year and commuted to sit reserve while sweating out our probationary year. The thing we have in common is that every one of us was willing to crawl over broken glass to get this job. We have an "attitude of gratitude" and a "can-do, servant leadership, how can we help the team mentality."

For those of you at AT the never wanted to be part of SWA...I'm sorry things didn't work out for you to stay at AT for the rest of your career. Starting in two years, all world wide Majors are forecast to be hiring like never before over the next 20 years, so hopefully you can find a long term employer that suits you.

I think most folks there see and appreciate the opportunity they're being offered here. While I understand that you want to get the best deal possible. Please keep the big picture in mind and resist the temptation to over-reach and appear ungrateful. From the perspective I shared above about our attitude towards getting this job, here's what I see you're being offered. You get our dream job without having to get your type rating. You don't have to interview. You don't have to sweat out a year of probation. You don't have to take a $100K cut the first year (in fact, most of you will get in the neighborhood of a $70K raise), and we'll build in some fence protection for a few years so you don't have to do the commute to sit reserve like we all did. That's such an unbelievable, smokin' deal in my mind after what I went through, that it wouldn't bother me a bit to start at the bottom of SWA's seniority list (like we all did without any of the bennies you're getting). If this would have been offered to me, I'd be walking on cloud 9...feel twice as blessed as I did to get the job the way I got it, and I'd have that attitude of gratitude, can-do, servant leader, how can I help the team mentality that would ensure I fit right into the Southwest culture. If the AT pilot group recognizes and appreciates my sentiments above, I guarantee you will be treated with dignity and respect...you'll be welcomed as family the way each of us was.
Fraternally,
Speed

After after 8 months of trying to express how I feel you hit it right in the heart of how all swa pilots feel. Thank you.

Texman, FreightdogFred, Waveflyer, Daddy,

Thanks for the kind words...appreciate it.

V/R,
Speed

P.S. Does anyone else feel like the last few days have gone by in dog-years?

Texman, FreightdogFred, Waveflyer, Daddy,

Thanks for the kind words...appreciate it.

V/R,
Speed

P.S. Does anyone else feel like the last few days have gone by in dog-years?

Very nice post Speed! Thanks for keeping it on the level, yet positive. These days are definitely creeping by.

Fraternally,
Speed

You should post more often. This is what gives me confidence that we can achieve great things in the future. Your words are much appreciated, and remember there are many great people here that will Daffy Duck down the hall our first day in DAL. We just need to let of MC/NC find the sweet spot in these negotiations.

Airtran= A bunch of ingrates. They will be the end of the SWA legacy. There are other airlines that would take a staple no questions asked. And at least 7000 people with apps on file that could fill their positions, and likely meet their qualifications. What say SWA? When does the hiring begin? Stop wasting time on these losers.

I guess this is why you are rolling your eyes.

Latest resources

Back