Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Crash Pad

Ok this is a fun thread. WTF over.

First we get zero information. So then someone comes up with the idea to call your rep for info. Apparently putting something in writing could be bad. So I call my rep. He tells me the offer, the counter offer, the side conversations etc. I then call another friend. He calls a different rep who gives him some of the same info. and some different.

I multiply this by the number of reps and discover that we are playing a game of telephone.

Paul Revere did a better job in the 1700's with a coherent message.

Ok this is a fun thread. WTF over.

First we get zero information. So then someone comes up with the idea to call your rep for info. Apparently putting something in writing could be bad. So I call my rep. He tells me the offer, the counter offer, the side conversations etc. I then call another friend. He calls a different rep who gives him some of the same info. and some different.

I multiply this by the number of reps and discover that we are playing a game of telephone.

Paul Revere did a better job in the 1700's with a coherent message.

Did it go something like this..."we won the freaking lottery, pass it on".

"Oh yeah...almost forgot...We're gonna try and raid the register from the Kwicky Mart where we bought the ticket too."

Even I heard the offer. Much better than I would ever accept if I was a SWA pilot, but that's just me.

Apparently the trannies want more, and I predict they will now end up with zip, zero, zilch.

If that's true, it couldn't be better news for SWA pilots because there won't be any integration at all now. If I were a SWA pilot I would be very happy that the trannies got too greedy.

Happiest days in my aviation career:
1) Being accepted into the Navy Flight Program
2) Being hired by SWA
3) Hearing that F9 rejected the SWA offer and were being bought by RAH

Soon to be number 3) moving three down a notch: The day I hear AAI rejects the SWA offer and will be going to arbitration, because GK will most likely restructure the company and sh1tcan the 717, then dictate terms to the remaining personnel. No SLI, take the best as entry level employees, keep the routes and cities that make sense and bye bye to the rest. I wish the AT folks no ill will but you fail to see the big stick behind GK and MVD's backs. AM and BM do not have the teeth you might think, only applies when merging 50% of the company. What is the percentage of 717s in your fleet? 65%. If I'm thinking of it you can take it to the bank that GK has as well.

My advise is to be very careful. GK has an app for this and you will not like it as he certainly does not want a USAir situation.

Latest resources

Back