• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATNALPA Communication

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey....why not negotiate if you were Airtran? Rumor is GK doesn't want it going to arbitration unless we want to be on the street. Its not in arbitration so of course we should continue negotiations. I trust my MC to make the best decision for my future

GK will most likely restructure the company and sh1tcan the 717, then dictate terms to the remaining personnel. No SLI, take the best as entry level employees, keep the routes and cities that make sense and bye bye to the rest. I wish the AT folks no ill will but you fail to see the big stick behind GK and MVD's backs.

So, he really had no intention of honoring the process agreement he was a signatory to?
His statements that the integration of the groups would be as per AM?
He spent over a billion bucks for a company and is ready to turn half the fleet back to the leaseholders?

Sounds awfully expensive.

Following the Merger Closing, Southwest and AirTran Airways would each
continue to operate as separate air carriers unless and until Southwest combines Southwest and AirTran Airways into a single air carrier.

Reread the process agreement.

That said, I hope this thing is resolved over the weekend and we can move on.

So, he really had no intention of honoring the process agreement he was a signatory to?

That depends on the willingness of the AT employees to be nice and not overplay their hands(All groups, not just pilots) No way this is going to be as contentious as USair.
Sounds awfully expensive.

It will be. And painful.. Kind of like that tatoo you got when you were liquored up on spring break but later decided it was not the best thing for your future employment opportunities. So you fork over even more money than it originally cost and endure the pain of removal so you can have a better financial future. Kind of like that.

Even I heard the offer. Much better than I would ever accept if I was a SWA pilot, but that's just me.

Apparently the trannies want more, and I predict they will now end up with zip, zero, zilch.

If that's true, it couldn't be better news for SWA pilots because there won't be any integration at all now. If I were a SWA pilot I would be very happy that the trannies got too greedy.

I hope they all get shi#$$* canned and sold off, the greedy pri@#$Ks

staple staple or it's a NO vote

overplay their hands

This statement is copyright protected by SWA/FO. He has been saying this for months.

I am hoping that the truly interested people realize that the AT negotiating committee is simply doing their job. Trying to protect the pilots at AT, and simply trying to get the best and fairest Integration possible for their pilot group. There is nothing greedy or ungrateful or anything else going on. That is why it is called negotiating. We all are very happy and excited to work with all of you at SWA. We know what we have to look forward to when this is all done. We appreciate the hard work and years it has taken to get your amazing contract. Please, I beg of you, please put yourself in our NC shoes and remember that if the roles were reversed you would expect nothing less from your Negotiating Committee.
Thanks for listening.

Latest resources

Back