Atlas/Polar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey there

I got offer a 400 class date on 5/16 so let me just tell you for you the hard part is over. The interview is straight forward. You get there on your dime; Stay the night on your dime; Show @ 8am;fill out an application (it has one of those god awful scantron Total time grids); the make copies of your docs; (never look at or ask for your log books) They start at the top of a list (some random order) and the start pulling for the panel interview; from the bottom of the list goes the sim evals (you go to the sim first you get done first cause the panel interview won't be more than 15 mins) Panel interview was very friendly a few questions about an approach plate (really basic stuff that any newly certified instrument pilot should know) maybe one or two questions tops. Then just kinda get to know you stuff. The sim is in the 200 very basic, Sudsy depart out of MIA vectors to direct to VOR and hold. You do the entry right and no hold then an ILS to a landing (throttles are yours) Qualified guy in the right seat handles all configuration changes. You just fly (yolk an throttles). Looking for briefs review of departure proceedure, departure brief, approach brief, brief the hold. The other guy won't help, but they are looking for a crew concept so let him know. That's it no muss no fuss! Very laid back good folks. The outcome of the interview was never uncertain. If you want to be there they want you there!!

Good luck

PS the sim is really easy to fly, but it takes a little more muscle. And this comming from a guy who hasn't flown a steam guage since shortly after primary training.

Question. Whats the QOL like for those of you based in STN ? How do you get to your aircraft from the states? did any of you relocate to London to ease the commute? What is the typical month like from that base ? how long can you expect to be based there?

bman--when did you interview? I was there on the 30 of Mar. Is your class for Atlas or Polar? I have not heard a response yet?

My interview date was the 29th and they are filling classes on both 4/18 and 5/18 for both polar and atlas on both A/C

Bman

I just got offered the May 16 Atlas -400 STN. I interviewed Mar 30. Anybody else hear anything?

MKC

Anyone know where they fly the -400 from STN?

Bye Bye--General Lee

BusterHymen said:
I don't believe we fly -400's out of STN

Mkc was just offered it....?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back