• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlas/Polar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nope, they are now one happy family. All are Atlas employees and they all fly the Atlas/Polar planes. One pilot group, two certificates.

The planes in Polar colors fly Polar flights. Sometimes planes in Atlas colors fly the Polar flights, also. Polar is scheduled DHL service. Atlas is charter, for whoever will charter them. Atlas does regular (charter) flights for Panalpina, Emirates, Qantas and the US military, along with a lot of other customers.

cliff
GRB

The planes in Polar colors fly Polar flights. Sometimes planes in Atlas colors fly the Polar flights, also. Polar is scheduled DHL service. Atlas is charter, for whoever will charter them. Atlas does regular (charter) flights for Panalpina, Emirates, Qantas and the US military, along with a lot of other customers.

cliff
GRB

The Atlas flights for Panalpina, Emirates and Qantas are ACMI, long term contracts and not from the charter market.

I'm interested in Atlas when they start to hire again. can anyone give me an idea of the schedule and pay for the first year? Are you home based? If you have to commute, what's the junior base? I'm looking at making a jump from the Fractional flying to heavy cargo. I am a former regional pilot as well. With about 11000 hours. Thanks for any information.

I'm interested in Atlas when they start to hire again. can anyone give me an idea of the schedule and pay for the first year? Are you home based? If you have to commute, what's the junior base? I'm looking at making a jump from the Fractional flying to heavy cargo. I am a former regional pilot as well. With about 11000 hours. Thanks for any information.

There is a HUGE thread on everything you want to know about working for Atlas in the Hiring News section.

Schedule can vary depending on your base. You owe the company 17 days/month. With our new contract with duty rigs there have been lines with less than 17 days, but plan on working 17. Some trips are 17 in a row and others are split trips. They have to give you a minimum of five days off between trips.

Minimum guarantee is 50 Hours for the first year at $75/hr.. At guarantee that equates to $2600/mo. take-home depending on your deductions. Just finishing my first year and have had about half of my months at guarantee. But, that is mostly due to where I am based. If you are based in ANC, JFK or HSV you will probably break guarantee most months. No clue yet as to how the 767 schedules will work out as it is so new yet.

We are not home-based. Company buys you a ticket to your base, but you have to travel on your last day off to get to work and potentially on your first day off to get home if your pattern ends too late to catch a flight home on your last day of work.

Jr. bases right now are in the 767 in JFK and CVG. As far as the Jr. 744 bases are concerned it is kind of a crapshoot now. You could end up anywhere from JFK, HSV, ANC and MIA. LAX is still a bit senior, but dropping. CVG could be possible for a relative new-hire as well I think.

Lots of rumors about continuing growth, but hiring has slowed due to training capacity. Put your stuff in, if they are still accepting, and go read the thread on APC.

Schedule can vary depending on your base. You owe the company 17 days/month. With our new contract with duty rigs there have been lines with less than 17 days, but plan on working 17. Some trips are 17 in a row and others are split trips. They have to give you a minimum of five days off between trips.

Minimum guarantee is 50 Hours for the first year at $75/hr.. At guarantee that equates to $2600/mo. take-home depending on your deductions. Just finishing my first year and have had about half of my months at guarantee. But, that is mostly due to where I am based. If you are based in ANC, JFK or HSV you will probably break guarantee most months. No clue yet as to how the 767 schedules will work out as it is so new yet.

We are not home-based. Company buys you a ticket to your base, but you have to travel on your last day off to get to work and potentially on your first day off to get home if your pattern ends too late to catch a flight home on your last day of work.

Jr. bases right now are in the 767 in JFK and CVG. As far as the Jr. 744 bases are concerned it is kind of a crapshoot now. You could end up anywhere from JFK, HSV, ANC and MIA. LAX is still a bit senior, but dropping. CVG could be possible for a relative new-hire as well I think.

Lots of rumors about continuing growth, but hiring has slowed due to training capacity. Put your stuff in, if they are still accepting, and go read the thread on APC.

So 3 "hard days off after a long stretch ?

So 3 "hard days off after a long stretch ?

No, it is no different than commuting by jump seat. What do you do if you get done at 11pm at your base? Jump home in the morning, right. Same here except we are on a paid ticket.

And the 5 day thing is min days off for our trip rig to stop. If my line only has 3 days off between trips, our CRT (trip rig) continues to run even though i would be off.

Latest resources

Back