• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlas/Polar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, it is no different than commuting by jump seat. What do you do if you get done at 11pm at your base? Jump home in the morning, right. Same here except we are on a paid ticket.

And the 5 day thing is min days off for our trip rig to stop. If my line only has 3 days off between trips, our CRT (trip rig) continues to run even though i would be off.

Exactly. I have yet to have to travel home on my off day. In fact, I have been sent home early on several occasions. Besides, most all lines have way more than five days between trips.

I know what guarantee is. What can one expect to make first year if you work the system some? Do you get guarantee, while going through training. Thanks for the feedback.

Training pay is a fixed rate per week ( I forget what the new rate is now) plus per diem and a nice hotel room. And then the remainder of your first year is a 50 hour per month guarantee at $75 per hour. I have been out of -400 school for 7 months and I have averaged 20-28 hours above guarantee every month mostly due to the CRT. I don't think you can work the system very much when you are on reserve as your schedule is constantly being changed. Its a great job but you have to roll with the constant changes. I think I just heard my schedule change again, off to HKG and ANC now.

BayBum

Last edited:
I just had 15 days off between my last trip and my next one.

cliff
ORF

....now get ready for 34 in a row.....

Not even possible with the new contract unless you elect to for your own scheduling reasons. But nice try.

No way......that's cool...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back