• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlas/Polar Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its not so bad as an atlas new hire. The picture painted in previous posts is a wholly inaccurate one in my situation.

I`ve never been extended (life on the 400 is more stable) I avg 67/mo. I did an out base once and made good scrratch with that. I commute from bloody portland oregon and it don`t take no 2 or 3 freakin days to get to STN. I usually commute in and out on the first and last days of my trips respectively usually on their nickel biz class but sometimes I do have to jumpseat. the realtiy is you gotta get back home from far parts of the world either place the dif is if you work the flight back or not. you should also remeber everything is gonna change when the merger is all done. How, what, or when who knows, but you can rest assured alot of things will change.

Any newhires at Polar or Atlas better be prepared to be based in STN in the near future. that's where the growth and expansion in this Company is and it aint gonna change anytime soon. Remember once evereyone is on the same list base realignments will take place.

I gotta tell you I really enjoy WORKING at Atlas! I just did an 8 day trip with three great guys and it was like taking an RV round the world with a bunch of your buddies. AMS-DXB-JNB-NBO-JNB-DUR-CGK-NRT in about 8 days. Others may say what they want, but the fact is unless they work for Atlas Air don't believe it! I've been on line since JULY and aside from being gone from my family I got ZERO real complaints.

Last edited:
Go Atlas, Go Giant!

Bman,

Thanks for the positive spin on life at Atlas, I try to tell people that it's not as bad as some people make it out to be. We fly to some interesting places, good crews and great equipment. I really enjoy it here at Atlas also!

You betcha! It isn't a requirement at all. What you've gotta do is get an interview. It is not a formal proccess just get to someone on the inside and have them send your resume in its that simple! If you get the interview the job is yours to lose!

Its not so bad as an atlas new hire. The picture painted in previous posts is a wholly inaccurate one in my situation.

I`ve never been extended (life on the 400 is more stable) I avg 67/mo. I did an out base once and made good scrratch with that. I commute from bloody portland oregon and it don`t take no 2 or 3 freakin days to get to STN. I usually commute in and out on the first and last days of my trips respectively usually on their nickel biz class but sometimes I do have to jumpseat. the realtiy is you gotta get back home from far parts of the world either place the dif is if you work the flight back or not. you should also remeber everything is gonna change when the merger is all done. How, what, or when who knows, but you can rest assured alot of things will change.

Any newhires at Polar or Atlas better be prepared to be based in STN in the near future. that's where the growth and expansion in this Company is and it aint gonna change anytime soon. Remember once evereyone is on the same list base realignments will take place.

I gotta tell you I really enjoy WORKING at Atlas! I just did an 8 day trip with three great guys and it was like taking an RV round the world with a bunch of your buddies. AMS-DXB-JNB-NBO-JNB-DUR-CGK-NRT in about 8 days. Others may say what they want, but the fact is unless they work for Atlas Air don't believe it! I've been on line since JULY and aside from being gone from my family I got ZERO real complaints.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, juat wondering if lists have been merged in the last 2 years, how is QOL, what sort of schedules are the norm? Are they still running you separately? Does the company cover commuting to STN from anywhere in the US? Is LAX senior or junior.

Thanks in advance for any updated info.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, juat wondering if lists have been merged in the last 2 years, how is QOL, what sort of schedules are the norm? Are they still running you separately? Does the company cover commuting to STN from anywhere in the US? Is LAX senior or junior.

Thanks in advance for any updated info.

Merger? What Merger?

As of right now Polar and Atlas crews will be combined in a merger and will negotiate one CBA. That is forecasted to be complete by November. That is according to J. Prater. The process is suppose to start in June if Alpa gets their wish.
Why the rush? Click on the link for a great read.
www.atlasforteamsters.com
Right now LAX is going to be senior w/ ANC, JFK and STN being junior. Yes the company provides hotel and airline tickets to/from work in exchange for working 17 days in a row to limit the commute across the Atlantic. The STN has and will continue to shrink.
Good luck.

Atlas is 'supposed' to be hiring again early in Q1. Polar hiring is on hold for now.

QOL (for new hires) at Atlas is terrible, based in Stantead England...24+ days on the road a month. (17 days + 3 days extension + 2-3 days comute to England)

QOL (for new hires) at Polar is awesome, Max 16 day work month..not extendable.

Is the commute to STN on your own nickel or does ATLAS get you back and forth?

Hi!

If U R assigned STN, you will be airlined from home to your airplane. You will never be in STN, basically.

From what I've read, I think EVERYONE is sort of home based. U fly from a "gateway" to and from your aircraft. But, the posts were sort of unclear, so it may be ONLY the STN guys get airlined.

Can anyone clear this question up for us???

Thanks!!!

cliff
YIP

Hi!

If U R assigned STN, you will be airlined from home to your airplane. You will never be in STN, basically.

From what I've read, I think EVERYONE is sort of home based. U fly from a "gateway" to and from your aircraft. But, the posts were sort of unclear, so it may be ONLY the STN guys get airlined.

Can anyone clear this question up for us???

Thanks!!!

cliff
YIP

You will get airlined from your gateway base to your crew base or where your pattern begins. This includes US bases. You will probably never see STN anymore.

This is NOT home basing. There are some tax issues associated with gateway basing but that is another issue.

Latest resources

Back