• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Atlas / Poar questions

AF01

Total Time
10000+
are they hiring?
i saw on both web sites that the email address to sent a resume is the same,
if hired do they offer atlas or polar or is it all the same now? i noticed on APC that the bases are different.
if offered a class date with one can you ask to wait for the other? would there be a reason to do that ? is one better (QOL) that the other?

how does the STN base work? i understand they can extend your trip or put 2 trips back to back, how long can you be on the road?
how long to get a US base?

thanks

NERVOUS

Total Time
Ok!!!
Hi,

I'm also interested in Poar too! What are they're schedules like? Do you fly international or just domestic? Also what equip. do they fly? Props, jets, or recips.? Are they hiring?

thanks!

FNG

Hovernut

Home Based Again!
Total Time
I see on the Atlas site they're requiring 1000PIC turbine now? Bummer!

McNugget

Banned
messiah
Total Time
First-year pay leaves you very POAR!

Colonel Savage

Southern style...
Total Time
NoTime
Sure about that? Can't speak for Atlas, but first year is not bad at all on the Polar side. Just my .02

Ignore him. McButtNugget is a troll. He drives an E-170 and thinks he's a big shot.

Thedude

Total Time
8000+
Hi,

I'm also interested in Poar too! What are they're schedules like? Do you fly international or just domestic? Also what equip. do they fly? Props, jets, or recips.? Are they hiring?

thanks!

FNG

You can't be fking serious. If you have flown a 74 and dont know who Polar/Atlas is your are truely clueless.

NERVOUS

Total Time
Ok!!!
You can't be fking serious. If you have flown a 74 and dont know who Polar/Atlas is your are truely clueless.

TROLL BAIT!!! TROLL BAIT!!! TROLL BAIT!!! You, my friend obviously havne't dealt with da' villan'! Welcome!!! HaHaHa!!!

Whose clueless now, lady?

atpcliff

Total Time
Hi!

My buddy made about $65 his 1st year at Atlas.

That is "poor" ???

cliff
YIP
PS-They will hire you for Atlas/Polar. I think it is 99% Atlas now. STN is a paper base and they will fly you to your location via airline. They said to plan on NEVER leaving STN. That way, if you do, it's a bonus. If you don't, it's what they told U.

big pimpn'

Total Time
11000+

A little slow on the uptake aren’t you, “Dude.” Most everyone knows da’ villan’ and could clearly tell he was poking fun at the misspelling of Polar in the original post. Let me guess, you must be one of those Atlas for teamsters guys?

Thedude

Total Time
8000+
A little slow on the uptake aren’t you, “Dude.” Most everyone knows da’ villan’ and could clearly tell he was poking fun at the misspelling of Polar in the original post. Let me guess, you must be one of those Atlas for teamsters guys?

I just learned that beer inhibits my ability to identify thread trollz. I dont work for Atlas/Polar either.

pdub20s

Total Time
All of your questions can be answered at www.atlasforteamsters.com.
Happy reading!

Because some guys feel like second class members? what is teamsters going to do for you?!??!? The only thing they are good for is negotiating a good contract. Who pushed for CREWPASS? Not teamsters! Who has sat before congress on pilot rights? Not teamsters! Biggest lobbying group in Washington representing pilots? Not Teamsters!

Bottom line is, ALPA is only as good as your MEC. If you have a problem with they are running things..RECALL! Not decertify.

Colonel Savage

Southern style...
Total Time
NoTime
...what is teamsters going to do for you?!??!? The only thing they are good for is negotiating a good contract...

Oh well gosh, guess that's no good reason to keep a union around.

GCD

Total Time
>1500
YGTBSM. Crew Pass is more important than a good contract?

You don't think Teamsters have a lobby?

It wasn't our MEC that was the problem. ALPA can't even afford to pay their light bill. There are big problems in Herndon, not our MEC.

Last edited: