• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlas getting the Dreamlifter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes it's over. Atlas will fly the LCF. Sorry to see it go. It was fun while it lasted.Thats the thing here at Evergreen. No matter how good or bad the contract is, IT DOESN'T LAST.

Yes it's over. Atlas will fly the LCF. Sorry to see it go. It was fun while it lasted.Thats the thing here at Evergreen. No matter how good or bad the contract is, IT DOESN'T LAST.

Hey...can you help me out. I just got back from dinner with the family, getting ready to leave for 6 weeks of training to go fly a 747 for some cargo company. Is there something I should know before I leave or are you guys messing around. I've had enough beers that I can't really tell.

Sept 30 the contract is over..If you are coming to Evergreen keep coming because we still have the 400's coming.

Wow thats too bad. But I understand the utilization was quite low on those jets. Still sucks though, especially since you guys did a great job flying the contract.

Atlas snags Worlds Africa flights now this? Its a jungle I tell ya.

It sounds like we are gonna have 3 400's on the property by Sept. the first -400F is coming April 2, the next one in June, and the first BCF in Aug-Sep.

And the poor LCF guys that bid the airplane to stay away from UAAA...

buh bye paine see yall in the 5towns come sept, this is one way to get the hell out of that damn bestwestern

good call in settling down nevergreen!

Damn,

I guess I will be buying the beers your first night when you are back in the 5 Towns!

I truly thought our management would try not to screw this one up. But once again, I am truly amazed by what idiots they are. Right before the flying is set to increase drastically and they blow it.

I admit it TubineOtter, you were right and I was wrong! So what is your prediction for the 400 Freighters? I am now guessing they don't show up, for a very long time, if ever.

Damn,

I guess I will be buying the beers your first night when you are back in the 5 Towns!

I truly thought our management would try not to screw this one up. But once again, I am truly amazed by what idiots they are. Right before the flying is set to increase drastically and they blow it.

I admit it TubineOtter, you were right and I was wrong! So what is your prediction for the 400 Freighters? I am now guessing they don't show up, for a very long time, if ever.

I have NO real info, but IF Atlas does end up with it, I bet it has a more to do with Boeing's late delivery of the -8 and Atlas claims against them, than anything Evergreen has done..

Sorry to hear this and for the EZ crews, hope things don't go south for them at a rapid pace.

Sorry to say though it doesn't surprise me. DS got Boeing's back up when the contract was awarded as he told them EZ was non union and would do as they were told basically. Then after the fact Boeing found out through the press and other avenues that they were union and in dispute over no new contract. At the time Polar were the main choice but again with thier contract and Atlas situation Boeing bowed out and went with EZ.

I can also see Boeing sweetening the Atlas -8 delays with this deal - makes sense.

Again I hope the crews don't get shat on by DS over this.

EIA did not screw this up..Wrong place wrong time...

Our senior management screws everything up. They would even screw up a wet dream!

Seriously, why would Boeing pull a contract from an airline that is operating it properly?

I believe Del and his merry bunch of morons either demanded more money from Boeing, or there was something in the contract regarding Boeing being able to pull it if EIA fell into financial trouble, or a clause to pull the contract if their was labor trouble imminent at EIA.

Notice I do not blame middle management, support or ground personnel, nor do I blame the crews. This screw up is completely at the top.

But I bet there is definently a clause in the contract that paid Del millions of dollars if Boeing terminated the contract. At least he will come out smelling like a fertilized rose.

Latest resources

Back