Atlas and Polar resume

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
spitfire1500 said:
Previously Atlas/ Polar was really high on my list of places to get hired. But after the contract neg there at PO;ar and the firing of those on probation Im a little more cautious. When does Atlas have their contract expire, and when is a merger of the seniority lists expected?

Welcome to the mine field that is the US Airline Industry! You need to be cautious of every airline on you list, not just Atlas/Polar.

Last edited:
Atlas/Polar is now in no mans land. The truth will come out after the "Merger". Check back in this time next year. The working atmosphere will be tense at best after the merger. As a whole Atlas cut off thier nose to spite thier face. They will take paycuts after the new CBA. They will not strike, that is more than obvious now to management. Management is stupid, but the pilots have proven that thats OK cause thier even stupider. Grab your favorite adult beverage and some popcorn and watch the show cause a show it will certainly be.

And yeah one more thing. Management has even said they if anything may plan on increasing the "Stansted base" which is fine unless you happen to be based thier. Any company who is pretty much forcing US residents and citizens to be based in Stansted sucks. It saves the company money but so what. Make them pay the positioning costs. What cost and burden does the pilot undertake to have to take his ass to Stansted England ? That alone qualifies Atlas as a bottom feeder. At least base those poor bastards at JFK or somethin. The "Union" needs to grow some stones over thier. Not to even mention the little alter ego company they run over thier in the UK. RIDICULOUS.....JUST SAY NO TO THAT CRAP. Oh yes and I did.

Oh and yes, I do understand that no one is forced to work thier. However some may be , or feel forced in this limited aviation environment we find ourselves in today.

OK Done !!!!

Things will be fine.

First things first. We just need to get the Atlas guys integrated somewhere into the Polar seniority list for starters.

;)

furloughfodder said:
Things will be fine.

First things first. We just need to get the Atlas guys integrated somewhere into the Polar seniority list for starters.

;)

Sure, DOH.................I'm senior to a lot of Polaroids!:cool:

Latest resources

Back