• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Atlas and Polar resume

A19

Total Time
8000+
When sending your resume to Atlas or Polar does it matter which company you address it to since it is the same fax number.

atlcrashpad

Can't hold me down
Total Time
Bling
Atlas or Polar

I'd address it to Atlas. They are the owner/parent company of Polar.

Good Luck.

B747FR8DAWG

GIANT 747
Total Time
> 1
Atlas or Polar ?????

A19 said:
When sending your resume to Atlas or Polar does it matter which company you address it to since it is the same fax number.

From what I was told, the new procedure is that you will interview for both a position at Atlas and Polar, joint interview by Atlas and Polar Flight Ops people, then you are added to a pool of candidates, and depending on staffing needs at either company, you then are offered employment.

A19

Total Time
8000+
Thanks guys, Atlas/Polar is my #1 choice, who should I address my cover letter to? Thanks

spitfire1500

Total Time
Enough
Previously Atlas/ Polar was really high on my list of places to get hired. But after the contract neg there at PO;ar and the firing of those on probation Im a little more cautious. When does Atlas have their contract expire, and when is a merger of the seniority lists expected?

CWI

Total Time
What happen to all the guys who got fired? Did they get their jobs back.

Total Time
7000+
Got their jobs back plus back pay for the time they were fired and a 10% raise.

yankee22

Total Time
>8000
Does anyone know if Atlas/Polar are hiring right now. I haven't heard anything in a while. It's been a little while since I've seen anything on here regarding hiring. Anyone have some info??????

B747FR8DAWG

GIANT 747
Total Time
> 1
yankee22 said:
Does anyone know if Atlas/Polar are hiring right now. I haven't heard anything in a while. It's been a little while since I've seen anything on here regarding hiring. Anyone have some info??????

I only know about Atlas hiring , and we are not hiring or doing anymore interviewing for the remainder of the year, they are going to wait to see what the demand is next year to make a decision on future hirings.

Whale Rider

Unity is Our Strength
Total Time
spitfire1500 said:
Previously Atlas/ Polar was really high on my list of places to get hired. But after the contract neg there at PO;ar and the firing of those on probation Im a little more cautious. When does Atlas have their contract expire, and when is a merger of the seniority lists expected?

Welcome to the mine field that is the US Airline Industry! You need to be cautious of every airline on you list, not just Atlas/Polar.

Last edited:

ABOVE ME

Total Time
ALL
Atlas/Polar is now in no mans land. The truth will come out after the "Merger". Check back in this time next year. The working atmosphere will be tense at best after the merger. As a whole Atlas cut off thier nose to spite thier face. They will take paycuts after the new CBA. They will not strike, that is more than obvious now to management. Management is stupid, but the pilots have proven that thats OK cause thier even stupider. Grab your favorite adult beverage and some popcorn and watch the show cause a show it will certainly be.

And yeah one more thing. Management has even said they if anything may plan on increasing the "Stansted base" which is fine unless you happen to be based thier. Any company who is pretty much forcing US residents and citizens to be based in Stansted sucks. It saves the company money but so what. Make them pay the positioning costs. What cost and burden does the pilot undertake to have to take his ass to Stansted England ? That alone qualifies Atlas as a bottom feeder. At least base those poor bastards at JFK or somethin. The "Union" needs to grow some stones over thier. Not to even mention the little alter ego company they run over thier in the UK. RIDICULOUS.....JUST SAY NO TO THAT CRAP. Oh yes and I did.

Oh and yes, I do understand that no one is forced to work thier. However some may be , or feel forced in this limited aviation environment we find ourselves in today.

OK Done !!!!

Total Time
7000+
Things will be fine.

First things first. We just need to get the Atlas guys integrated somewhere into the Polar seniority list for starters.

;)

B747FR8DAWG

GIANT 747
Total Time
> 1
furloughfodder said:
Things will be fine.

First things first. We just need to get the Atlas guys integrated somewhere into the Polar seniority list for starters.

;)

Sure, DOH.................I'm senior to a lot of Polaroids!:cool: