Atlas Air Cargo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

waterski45

Can anyone post the cities that Atlas flies to in Europe?

I'm trying to get to Europe at the end of the month, and I know that Atlas doesn't publish their schedules.

In December I flew from Gothenburg to JFK, but that is the only city pair I know of. Thanks in advance for the info!

Atlas to Europe

Quimby named almost all of the cities, just wanted to add GOT (Sweden), and RMS (Ramstein AFB) Germany

Last edited:
I've heard that the navy bases in Rota Spain and Catania Sicily were recently added as well. Although I'm not sure if the military has any problems with off-line jumpseaters passing through.

Syd

I have deduced (I think) that Atlas flies a plane (for Qantas) JFK-ORD-HNL-SYD and SYD-PVG-ANC-ORD.

Does anyone know if Atlas has any restrictions on jumpseaters on these routes? I am looking to go from ORD to SYD, spend some time in HNL and SYD then SYD-ORD. I wouldn't be getting off in PVG or ANC on the return. Other than being a looong time in the airplane, are there any problems with those routes?

Atlas to SYD

We have no restriction going into Australia on a Qantas flight, the restriction is on the Air New Zealand flights to AKL. You're all welcomed!

Does Atlas still have London as a domicile? if so is it junior? is it easy to request or being assigned to?

Thanks.

AMDFlyer,

You'll have to confirm this with the Atlas crews:

My understanding is that the London (STN) domicile still exists but that it's essentially a "virtual base" meaning that the actual aircraft rarely starts or ends a pairing in STN. Instead, you report for duty in STN and then are airlined (Easyjet, Ryan, etc.) to the aircraft somewhere else in Europe. I think it's all 744 over there and my understanding is that due to the tax situation, those who have moved their families have opted to live outside of the UK. I think it's junior.

B747FR8DAWG is that close?
TF

AMDFlyer,

You'll have to confirm this with the Atlas crews:

My understanding is that the London (STN) domicile still exists but that it's essentially a "virtual base" meaning that the actual aircraft rarely starts or ends a pairing in STN. Instead, you report for duty in STN and then are airlined (Easyjet, Ryan, etc.) to the aircraft somewhere else in Europe. I think it's all 744 over there and my understanding is that due to the tax situation, those who have moved their families have opted to live outside of the UK. I think it's junior.

B747FR8DAWG is that close?
TF

TF,

You know just as much about our junior base STN, as our Junior pilots who are based there. We have no flights that operate through STN, expcept for the occasional charter. There are some pilots who elected to move to Europe, after being based there, but the majority of the guys based there just commute from the USA. They usually just position themselves to the city where their trip is about to begin, I have heard of some guys having to sit reserve in STN. We have both Classic and 400 crews based there.

Yes we do......and its thoroughly miserable. The latest twist is that all 400 STN crew members now have to go through recurrent, PC`s and PT`s in London even if you live in the US. Despite Atlas having its own expensive training center and sim in Miami. No big deal you say.......however you must pay your own hotel etc at about $150-$200 per night and it seems to be usually scheduled in the middle of days off so yet again you have to beg for a ride across the Atlantic. Oh and STN is not so junior anymore......FO`s with 5+ years are now stuck there with zero prospect of getting back to the states.

Latest resources

Back