ATI Routes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks MrSky.

Does ATI have in-house training? Is everyone typed? Do you start out as FE?

767 training, whenever we start actually doing it, will take place to my understanding under Boeing's tutelage, no knowledge as to whether ground school will take place at same location as sim, or whether new hires will be able to go into the 76. All DC-8 training seems to be entrenched in DAY, all in-house. There was a rumbling of hiring second officers last year, basically as a stopgap to fill potentially needed PFE vacancies to have pilots ready to move to the right seat as we get the 76s. So far, that has not been needed, so if we hire again anytime soon, expect a right seat. We've had a number of PFEs go for the right seat over the years, but we seem to have enough to get us through whenever 76s start filtering in, maybe come March. No stated plan on parking DC-8s as 76s come on. We'll probably use them until they need a heavy check and park them, although I think we'll do checks on the DC-8-73s and keep them going for a very long time. Not accepting resumes at the moment, but watch www.airtransport.cc for updates.

OK, House, why LOL?

No particular reason except you see a pattern of questions when someone is about to apply or has an interview coming up.

If you want my thoughts about the company, and management reads these posts, so I have nothing to say on here except what I think is truthful. Read up about a couple posts and you will see a Q&A I wrote someone about my thoughts of the place.

Last edited:
Don't know the interview plan, but we expect to hire maybe 50 or so more this year. A class of I believe 8 just started this past Monday. If you don't already have an application going, visit www.airtransport.cc and click on the Careers at ATI link on the left side of the screen, then Find a Position, select First Officer, and create an account for yourself. The rest is up to you!

707Guy

Are the Yellow and Red DC-8's I see from time to time part of the ATI Group? Or will they be in the future with your merge with ABX?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back