• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ok, found it!

from www.gozed.com

Important facts about goZED.

ZED was formed in 1994 to simplify leisure travel arrangements for airline employees travelling on another carrier. The system of ID fares (ID90, ID50, etc.) was based on a percentage discount off the published full fare price for a route given a specific origin and destination for each ticket. To allow for more predictable fares, easier interline trip planning and ticketing, ZED created travel zones with specific pricing.

Airlines within the ZED framework have variations on the agreements. These include the level of ZED fare charged (ZH, ZM, ZL for ZED high, medium and low) as well as embargoes and restrictions on code shares.

As of last week, this was there,......
WakeRampMedium.jpg

It's open but without any navaids and notam'd as not available for use as an alternate.
WakeIsland.jpg

My understanding is that Wake is basically in caretaker status. I haven't been there in over a year, myself, so maybe all we take in these days are a pallet of MREs for the few that are still there. We used to have two planes pass through every other week connecting OKO with HNL, but there were a lot more people on the island then.

Any fuel available or other carriers currently going in there?

None that I know of. I don't think we tanker fuel, though, to get back to HNL. I'll check with some of the folks who've been there recently to see what's up there!

I was just there last week. Going again around the 20th. We took in 5 pax and six pallets totalling maybe 20,000#. Left with 18 pax and little more than mail(and a bag of $14 T-shirts). The pax were contractors that I assumed had been working construction repairs on the facilities. The VOR is still lying in the marsh alongside the runway. There's what appears to be a fuel storage tank toppled over in the brush, but the vegetation is back to green and as far as I could see, the buildings were all intact. We uplifted something like 10,000gal of fuel at $2.35 per according to the receipt.

One of the contractors(retired United CA)asked if we could do an ID90 to get him back to HNL. Seems the standard ride is $2800 one-way. Of course the seats belong to the .mil, so there wasn't much we could offer him. I'm not sure if he was one of the 18 or just looking at options to get out.

What are the schedules like? Are you gone from home for a long time?

B707guy, nice car!

This Is an Excerpt from a letter I wrote to someone about work Conditions at ATI..... Maybe It will answer a few ?? for other folks interviewng or who have interviewed....

1.Long term is ATI a good place to be?
A. It has provided a good living for me and my family. And for the most part always treated me fairly. But like any ware that is a small company, you want to treat them with respect, because EVERYONE knows you. I.E. Treat them well they tend to treat you well.

2 What are your schedules like ?
A. Well they advertised in the past week on/week off, that almost never happens. Mind you I'm very senior in the right seat so I'm on a west coast line (LA) doing 2 on/ 5 off.(no weekends). The lines vary from that on one extreme to International lines that can have you out 16 days. You are guaranteed 12 days off a month, depending on geographically where you live you can get several more. I would guess on average the lines are 8 on/6off with 1 to 2 weekends a month off.

3.How long would you sit reserve, and do you do it at home or in base?
A. Probably looking at 6 months of reserve. We have basically 3 types of reserve.
1a. Open Reserve, you sit at home till you are called, you can and probably will be out 2 weeks when you go out, then you will have about 12 days they can't call you. Wanna see the world (literally) you bid this one.
2a. Scheduled Reserve, works out about 8 0n 6 Off, you may stay "ready" at home, they may locate you to the hub in Toledo. Or assign you a trip that has not been covered.

3a. Hotel Standby, you travel to Toledo, sit in the hotel, and pick up any trips in or out of the hub. they vary from 10 to 11 days out.

4 How much time do you spend away from home?
A. Being Jr. I would expect 14-16 days a month on the road (our "month" is 28 days or 4 weeks), not necessarily all days in a group.

5 How much do fly per month?
A. Our guarantee is 56 hours, expect 40 on the low side to 60 on the high side, unless you get an international line (bidding "Open" Reserve can do this for you) if your Jr. then you can possibly score 85+ hours and a higher per diem. ($35/day dom. $50day Inter.) But figure on about 50 hours per Bid Unit.

6. What can FO expect to make first and second year with per diem etc.
A. Our starting rate is $51.19 an hour, i believe. So 51.19 x 56 x 13(13 pay periods/yr)= $37,266.32 + per diem. You are paid per diem from about 8 hours from the start of your assignment (unless you are sitting at home on reserve) to 8 hours past your assignment I figure on about $5,500 Domestic more if you do International.
Second year pay $65/hr ($47,300)
Third year pay $77/hr ($56,000)
Forth Year pay 82/hr ($59,900)
Tops out at 12 year FO pay $101/hr

7. And probably the most important Question...How do I Travel to work?
A. In my time at ATI I have Never had to buy a ticket or Bow and Curtsy to some Mainline Captain to get to work, we are "Home Based" that means if you are assigned a trip more that 100 miles( I believe) from your home it is on the company to get you there. They buy you a ticket (Coach), rent you a car, put you on a "system" A/C or whatever, but it is their responsibility to get you to work. We have guys all over the country and one or two overseas that have never worried how to get to work.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back