ATI, Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DC8-PFE said:
Potential FNG's worried about international trips? That is quite a laugh. You got to do your turn in the barrel in Toledo. I've sat behind some of you new guys fresh from the commuters and elsewhere on your first overwater crossing. It's a bit scary. I've beenwith one you new guys who've rarely crossed one or two time zones on his first trip to africa. Absolutely amazed that the captain is trying to gt the exchange rate for dollars to doobers down as low as he can, while waving fistfulls of money at the ground handler, and I'm bribing the fuel truck driver with a case of coke, so that he can find our fueling authorization. It's a different world. The aircraft are as well equipped as an 8 can be. But remember we are dragging this thing screaming into the 21st century. Only a basic autopilot. No fancy bells and whistles. Just the engineer politely asking you "What in the F***k are you doing?". As for hauling boxes versus paxs...Are you frigging kidding???? That doesn't even need a reply.

I am just curious, if you have some much knowledge and experience why are you still sitting sideways plumbing the thing? Why haven't you moved into the right seat? I have heard about "some" of the engineers at ATI not being able to hack the right seat. Just curious, not looking to offend.

tk855 said:
I am just curious, if you have some much knowledge and experience why are you still sitting sideways plumbing the thing? Why haven't you moved into the right seat? I have heard about "some" of the engineers at ATI not being able to hack the right seat. Just curious, not looking to offend.

I don't know what his story is, but alot of PFE are just that. PFE's. Just to inform you a PFE doesn't have to have a pilots certificate to fly the panel just an A&P. Which if you had one you would know these things. So before you are so quick to to judge who can hack what, know what you are talking about. I'd like to see your 2,000 hrs of experience hack it.

haulingthemail said:
I don't know what his story is, but alot of PFE are just that. PFE's. Just to inform you a PFE doesn't have to have a pilots certificate to fly the panel just an A&P. Which if you had one you would know these things. So before you are so quick to to judge who can hack what, know what you are talking about. I'd like to see your 2,000 hrs of experience hack it.

Wow, everyone there have the pleasant attitude like you?

Haulingthemail is ex Eagle, he was an absolute tool there as well. Good riddance! Look at the guys profile, there are other certificates listed beside FE. I am well aware of what an FE certificate allows you to do. Thank you though for your condescending, infantile response.

haulingthemail said:

Thats right. Alot of these kids who fly the rj's for the commuters have never seen or flown a 3man aircraft (dc-10, 727, dc8, 747, etc...) and don't understand how importand the FE's position is.

tk855: These aircraft are not flying computers like the new aircraft are. You must fly 'em and move the switches yourself. Steam guages and all. Very much hands on. And also, not everybody who is flying the panel desires to move up to the front seat. Alot of flight engineers aren't even pilots at all.

I have a very good attitude. What I don't like to see is these kids bashing the PFE's. example from an earlier post by tk855"I am just curious, if you have some much knowledge and experience why are you still sitting sideways plumbing the thing? Why haven't you moved into the right seat? I have heard about "some" of the engineers at ATI not being able to hack the right seat. Just curious, not looking to offend"

Latest resources

Back