ATI Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fr8hawler

I recently heard that ATI may soon be hiring additional DC-8 crews. The reason given was that they have recently signed a new contract with BAX. At least five more years of DC-8 operations and possibly additional DC-8s.

Can anyone confirm the rumor?

Thanks!

I recently heard that ATI may soon be hiring additional DC-8 crews. The reason given was that they have recently signed a new contract with BAX. At least five more years of DC-8 operations and possibly additional DC-8s.

Can anyone confirm the rumor?

Thanks!

I could be wrong, but I think they're more like 1 year contracts. BAX reevaluates every year and re-signs new contracts, for more or less planes, depending on how much lift they require.
ATI has been hiring a little.

May be a little out of date, but I understand that any pilot hiring we expect should be coming from ABX furloughees for some time to come. Capitol is under the same agreement, but last I heard, they were able to hire off the street as there was a shortage of displaced ABX takers. We have had a recent class of PFEs and there was a very recent (like last week or so) release of an opening for perhaps 5 more PFEs. I know ABX had some PFEs on their list from years back when they operated DC-8s, but I don't know if there are any left that would come under the agreement. We don't, or at least haven't, hired any second officers. All panel operators at ATI are A&P licensed engineers.

I have heard rumors of an atypical longer term BAX/Schenker contract and possibly more DC-8s, I'll believe it when they're here... but I sure hope so!

Best of luck

Last edited:
May be a little out of date, but I understand that any pilot hiring we expect should be coming from ABX furloughees for some time to come. Capitol is under the same agreement, but last I heard, they were able to hire off the street as there was a shortage of displaced ABX takers. We have had a recent class of PFEs and there was a very recent (like last week or so) release of an opening for perhaps 5 more PFEs. I know ABX had some PFEs on their list from years back when they operated DC-8s, but I don't know if there are any left that would come under the agreement. We don't, or at least haven't, hired any second officers. All panel operators at ATI are A&P licensed engineers.

I have heard rumors of an atypical longer term BAX/Schenker contract and possibly more DC-8s, I'll believe it when they're here... but I sure hope so!

Best of luck

More DC-8's, an airplane that is all but gone, is a great thing! (no sarcasm) :beer:

Latest resources

Back