"ATC explain yourself, over"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
unreal said:
Absolutely. Now that the FAA's proposed contract has a 99.9999% chance of being imposed, I'm punching out for sure. Thing is, a lot of people I graduated with are doing the very same. I know many that are going back to flying (myself included), and a few that are simply going to go explore other career paths. At least at Mt. SAC, the knee-jerk reaction to this new contract was to get out and get out quick. If I were to make an educated guess, I'd say this was happening everywhere.

Good luck to the FAA I suppose. I brought up this question to the Regional Administrator of AWP when he visited Mt. SAC a month or so ago: "How is the FAA going to meet its hiring quota of 12,500 new controllers over the next 10 years, when under the new pay scale, many CTIs will simply reject the job offer?" His roundabout answer: "We don't forsee a problem."

More power to 'em.

Mt. SAC is a weird deal. The junior colleges are all structured around making you "ATC" and not much else. So you've got a lot of kids returning to school specifically for the job. The prospects tank, then you have to leave school. At the 4-year colleges, you have people working on other things, so it's simpler to switch your major or make the ATC thing a minor.

Hold, sorry you're having to put up with some of our "special" aviators. Keep up the good work and best of luck on the contract. You do have some of us on the other side of the comms on your side.

TX

smellthejeta said:
I work traffic for the $$$, cause there sure ain't no glory or respect in it.

Hey Blah blah blah, how ya been? I thought you were a pilot? A flight instructor that had moved to a better job, but then wasn't getting many flight hours...now, you're a controller? LOL Good one.

At least change your avatar from the old one you had at the other site...does this post ring a bell:

bob loblaw said:
Congrats, and welcome to the CFI club. I just read a thread where you were stressing over this ride. I know the outcome, but was it as bad as you thought?

bob loblaw said:
I created my first pilot on Wednesday! I have been a CFI for almost two years now and have close to 300 hours of dual given, yet he was my first sign-off. The next phase is instrument thru CFI/CFII/MEI.
Do you think none of us come over here?

For those curious, this is from another web site he was kicked out of. He said over there he was a former truck driver also...never mentioned ATC, or as he said "work traffic for the $$$"

Big Beer Belly said:
... I hope the FAA shoves the bat up your A$$ with your new contract. ...

Let's see if I have this right: you don't like the online posts of one air traffic controller, so you hope all controllers get viciously screwed by the FAA.

Big Bitter Bloviator, how 'bout a hug? I don't think you're feeling the we're-all-in-this-thing-together love.

FWIW, I see nothing in the posts above that disparages the sacrifices of any US servicemen or women.

81Horse said:
FWIW, I see nothing in the posts above that disparages the sacrifices of any US servicemen or women.

YEah, that's the irony of beer belly's rage. Hold west didn't disparage servicemenn at all. He merely pointed out (correctly, I might add) that a bunch of students all from the same organization all following the same rules, is a much different game than a civillian airport with players from all different facets of aviation, different levels of knowledge and skill, and with differing egendas, many of whom are in competition with and hostile to others. Noting disparaging at all, merely an accurate observation. Somehow Beer Belly imagined a slight in there, perhaps because it obviously mooted his point, so he was trying to deflect atention away from that.

Yeah, that's what I got, too.

So, A Squared. Recognize the guy in my avatar?

txpilot1_99 said:
Hey Blah blah blah, how ya been? I thought you were a pilot? A flight instructor that had moved to a better job, but then wasn't getting many flight hours...now, you're a controller? LOL Good one.

At least change your avatar from the old one you had at the other site...does this post ring a bell:

Do you think none of us come over here?

For those curious, this is from another web site he was kicked out of. He said over there he was a former truck driver also...never mentioned ATC, or as he said "work traffic for the $$$"

I'm don't really mean to defend anyone here, but from what I've seen from this guy's posts, he's simply a graduate of the CTI program at Mt. SAC, not a real FAA ATCS.

I'm a recent graduate of the same program, and I've also been a CFI for almost 2 years as well. I don't see anything fishy here, but then again, I don't have the whole picture.

unreal said:
I'm don't really mean to defend anyone here, but from what I've seen from this guy's posts, he's simply a graduate of the CTI program at Mt. SAC, not a real FAA ATCS.

I'm a recent graduate of the same program, and I've also been a CFI for almost 2 years as well. I don't see anything fishy here, but then again, I don't have the whole picture.
He's going through the medical process (vision), and he'll be going to Houston center.

81Horse said:
So, A Squared. Recognize the guy in my avatar?

I was scrtaching my head about the other day. Didn't come to any definate conclusion, but if I had to guess, I'd say Reeve.

edit....Nope, It's Noel WIen, I shoulda guessed form the fur parka. Valdez doesn't get that cold.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back