Ata ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
N tha jungle said:
A regional carrier called Shuttle America is gettting the "unassigned" EMB 170's.
And your reference is?

How long again is the moratorium on interviewing with SWA if you are turned down the first time? If they do pref interviews for ATA people who do NOT have the amount of turbince PIC they want, and they turn you down, would that time limit apply I wonder? I know this is all conjecture, it is all new terrain.

I am so hosed.

mmmm edit i changed my mind on what i wanted to say, instead:

cr@p is the word of the day.

Last edited:
How many pilots does ATA have?

What is the hire date of the most junior Captain?

How many A/C? 737/757/L1011?

I always thought ATA had a good product, why are they now in such a predicament? Will Mikelson keep the L1011s and the ATA certifcate?

Superbird

Don't go postal!!

Ok guys, just hold on to your hats for awhile & don't get too worked up over all the "what ifs" regarding "possible" and I emphasize possible combining of assets. Nothing is for sure & wondering what the impact will be will only burn up very valuable gray cells that most pilots are already short of.....therefore, just continue on the approach & don't execute the missed yet.

If anything comes about there will be plenty of time for speculation. The quarterly webcast next week will be interesting to hear but even if big announcements come out I doubt of Donna or Gary will be discussing interview implications!!!! Worry about what you can control. Yes there will be many issues to be resolved but well above our pay grades but some things will remain constant....

1. PIC time
2. Currency
3. 737 typed
4. Total time

Will it cause more folks to be in the mix? Of course (if anything happens) but one can't do anything about it and that shouldn't come as a surprise since USAir is having further problems....United is downsizing...other issues. This isn't news either....if one thought the pool of candidates would be shrinking over the next 18 months then one hasn't been living in the real world. The good news is if you're in the system right now, you're better than those who are out. If you're getting a type, then you're doing the most to improve your chances. If you're adding to your PIC time...you're doing the most to improved your chances. If you're going to where SWA is going to be hanging out to meet folks for recruiting folks...then you're doing the most to improve your chances.

Other speculation is fun (or frustrating depending on your personality) but focus on what you can control. Good luck to all folks who are interested & to those pilots with carriers who are struggling. This is not an industry that has been kind to families....to those spouses who have hung with their significant others throughout all of this, guys/gals who are pilots you owe them a great night out on the town as a simple way of saying thanks (or a hot bubble bath if that will make her happy...sorry my chauvinism is showing:) !

Latest resources

Back