Ata-ygbsm

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
canyonblue said:
And also you would rather fly with me before SWAdude, I think he may be losing it.;) (from other thread)

I wouldn't think so.

You are truly a tool.

TAZ MAN said:
I wouldn't think so.

You are truly a tool.

Tool? Let's get out of the '90's. At least update your insults.:confused:

canyonblue said:
Tool? Let's get out of the '90's. At least update your insults.:confused:

Don't need to. Speaks for itself.

By the way, your getting hammered on the other thread.

You may think that SWAdude is losing it. Man you lost it.

TAZ MAN said:
By the way, your getting hammered on the other thread.

By the way, it is spelled "you're". Tool.:rolleyes:

TAZ MAN said:
they start the spelling thing. :D :D

It’s called grammar. You should try it sometimes. Unless it's illegal in Kentucky.

canyonblue said:
It’s called grammar. You should try it sometimes. Unless it's illegal in Kentucky.

You just can't stop making an a$$ out of yourself, can you.

Heres my employee number for the avoidance list. Figure it out.

Thats funny because I was told by senior management that ATA paid CEA's expenses and every month they gave to ATA a significant chunk of change back. CEA was never allowed to "make any money" . CEA had some routes where there were passengers that used the airline to shuttle back and forth to MDW (like Dayton and Des Moines). These people did not go on to other flights with ATA. Whatever ATA did with it (the money) after that is your best guess, well you can ask the senior management at ATA. I think it is fair to say that CEA made money because of ATA but they certainly did there share to try and make the company profitable. C8 is not being sold because they did not make a profit, they are being sold because ATA did not make a profit. And even if C8 lost money it was a drop in the bucket to the losses racked up by the mainline. I dont think you can blame C8's feed as the reason as to why ATA lost 150 million this year.

atafan said:
It is true that C8 was a well run efficient airline that did an excellent job feeding ATA. I spoke to senior management at ATA and I was told the reason ATA is selling C8 was because the airline did not make a profit. C8 lossed money every month. ATA's ticket prices are so low that by the time you added in that extra leg that C8 flew it did nothing but lose money, every leg. Period.

Chicago Express will be sold, hopefully to an airline management team that knows how to run a profitable airline and all you Chico guys and gals will still be employed.

Southwest doesn't care what C8 flew they are only going to code share with ATA not any other airline. ATA has no business running a regional airline, the old management couldn't even run one airline profitably.

This is not Southwest's fault so please stop the Luv bashing, they really are only concerned with their own revenue.

T45Flyer said:
Capt Megadeath,

I believe that your arguements are based on emotion. I am sorry your fiance is getting laid off, there is nothing I can do about that. SWA doesn't want anything to do with ANY other aircraft besides a B737. Turboprops, RJ's, Airbus,....nada. SWA is sticking to a very simple business plan that has made a successful airline. You say that SWA doesn't care about a few hundred pilots that will be laid off, well, I say that they care about the 4500+ pilots that work for SWA and that is where thier prority should be. SWA cannot save the world, just itself.

1. You say "when your on top theres only one way to go". I say SWA has been on top for many years, it just took a recession and 9/11 to highlight that fact.
And the decisions that they are making now are to ensure that SWA stays successful in the future.

2. Why would you want to work for someone who turns down 50% of its applicants for no reason whatsoever. You honestly cant believe that.

3. A company that doubles in size scares you. Thirty + years of controlled growth is not doubling in size overnight. Thier are good airlines out there now that are doing that, but Southwest is not one. SWA has both the balance sheet and cost controls that allow us to continue to grow.

Seems all emotion to me as well. Without ATA they would have gone no where. In reality they were feeding ATA and not vice versa, not overly hard to comprehend or understand. Amazing how someone can put the blame on the company who made them what they are (or were) today. Most of the folks should thank their lucky stars they had the opportunity to be there for the time that they were instead of b!tching, complaining and placing blame somewhere that it is not deserved.

Let's look at the big picture instead of focusing in on all emotion.

Best of luck to all of ATA, Mac, keep your chin up- that jet sim may get you back full time!!.

3 5 0

Latest resources

Back