Ata-ygbsm

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flyhard said:
SWA is responsible for the shutdown of C8.....another reason I don't want to go there.

Megadeth,

No ATA and their goon management will be responsible for the shutdown, if it happens. WN came to ATA with rules to play by and no TP's were part of the deal. Although I feel for you, saying you don't want to go to SWA is a moot point. There are only about ten thousand applicants ahead of you.[/QUOTE]

I am sorry, I did fail to mention that ATA is definetly responsible......BUT SWA not wanting anything to do with Turboprops put the nail in the coffin. Of course I am pi$$ed at that. I mean SWA is all kumbaja but they don't give a frogs fat a$$ that a few hundred pilots will be screwed in a major way (one being my fiancee).

TAZ,
The other reasons are too long to write about....
I am already somewhere else but ultimately a cargo operation is where I want to go.

Canyon,
Sorry if I jumped on ya, but I have a lot of friends at C8 and ATA. The whole situation is just heartbreaking. This week my anger is directed at SWA.

capt. megadeth said:
TAZ,
The other reasons are too long to write about....
I am already somewhere else but ultimately a cargo operation is where I want to go.

Just humor me. Give your top three, or more, reasons.

I can understand your reason for your anger. I just think blaming SWA is short sighted. ATA is the reason your great company is experiencing what it is these days.

Good luck to your fiancee.

TAZ MAN said:
Just humor me. Give your top three, or more, reasons.

I can understand your reason for your anger. I just think blaming SWA is short sighted. ATA is the reason your great company is experiencing what it is these days.

Good luck to your fiancee.

Thanks ^

I don't think blaming SWA is short sighted. I think it is right on! There is no reason to shut down a profitable commuter flying out of MDW that can feed your 737s with a codeshare JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE TURBOPROPS!

Fine....here ya go....

1. When you are on top, there is only one way to go.

2. Why would I want to go somewhere that turns down 50% of the people they interview (many of mine were friends that got their type ratings just to get an interview) for no good reason whatsoever? Kumbaja my a$$!

3. A company that is doubling in size in the next few years scares the crap out of me.

Don't get me wrong, the money is good there, things are good there.....RIGHT NOW! I have friends there and I hope they continue to to prosper but it makes me mad that it is partially at the cost of others jobs.

Did I humor you enough?

I have been very blessed to work at C8. It has been a wonderful experience and I hope it continues to be. Honestly, you find wonderful people at Chico who take their job seriously but don't make their jobs dictate who they are as a person (at least most of the people and crews). Always a few out there.

We have, I think, the best management out there as well. They are supportive and they really do care. They are awesome.

This industry is a mess and 2005, they say, is going to be the worst year yet in aviaton history. Unfortunately, there is more pain to come.

I really think things do happen for a purpose and good things happen to good people. As I stated yesterday, "faith and fortitude are an indomitable equation".

And, Megadeth, I love your loyality. As a person who knows you personally and has flown with you many times, you are one heck of a person with a lot of heart.

Let's keep prayin' and hopin' for the best! j

capt. megadeth said:
Thanks ^

I don't think blaming SWA is short sighted. I think it is right on! There is no reason to shut down a profitable commuter flying out of MDW that can feed your 737s with a codeshare JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE TURBOPROPS!

Fine....here ya go....

2. Why would I want to go somewhere that turns down 50% of the people they interview (many of mine were friends that got their type ratings just to get an interview) for no good reason whatsoever? Kumbaja my a$$!

3. A company that is doubling in size in the next few years scares the crap out of me.

Don't get me wrong, the money is good there, things are good there.....RIGHT NOW! I have friends there and I hope they continue to to prosper but it makes me mad that it is partially at the cost of others jobs.

Did I humor you enough?

Yes you did thank you.

capt. megadeth said:
Thanks ^

Fine....here ya go....

Did I humor you enough?

I find your reasoning interesting.

When your on top there is only one way to go. Verses getting on with a carrier on the bottom? Seems like a healthier choice to go with one at the top.

You don't want to go with a carrier that doesn't hire 50% of the people that apply. My experience says thats better than just about any other airline I have heard of. If you want to go to a reputable freight airline I bet they hire less than 50%.

SWA has, with some exception, has at least doubled it size every five years since it started business over 30 years ago. Why is the next 7 years a concern for you?

If Airtran would have taken over do you think you would be facing a different situation?

Just my thoughts.

Good luck in your flying ambitions.

Capt Megadeath,

I believe that your arguements are based on emotion. I am sorry your fiance is getting laid off, there is nothing I can do about that. SWA doesn't want anything to do with ANY other aircraft besides a B737. Turboprops, RJ's, Airbus,....nada. SWA is sticking to a very simple business plan that has made a successful airline. You say that SWA doesn't care about a few hundred pilots that will be laid off, well, I say that they care about the 4500+ pilots that work for SWA and that is where thier prority should be. SWA cannot save the world, just itself.

1. You say "when your on top theres only one way to go". I say SWA has been on top for many years, it just took a recession and 9/11 to highlight that fact.
And the decisions that they are making now are to ensure that SWA stays successful in the future.

2. Why would you want to work for someone who turns down 50% of its applicants for no reason whatsoever. You honestly cant believe that.

3. A company that doubles in size scares you. Thirty + years of controlled growth is not doubling in size overnight. Thier are good airlines out there now that are doing that, but Southwest is not one. SWA has both the balance sheet and cost controls that allow us to continue to grow.

It is true that C8 was a well run efficient airline that did an excellent job feeding ATA. I spoke to senior management at ATA and I was told the reason ATA is selling C8 was because the airline did not make a profit. C8 lossed money every month. ATA's ticket prices are so low that by the time you added in that extra leg that C8 flew it did nothing but lose money, every leg. Period.

Chicago Express will be sold, hopefully to an airline management team that knows how to run a profitable airline and all you Chico guys and gals will still be employed.

Southwest doesn't care what C8 flew they are only going to code share with ATA not any other airline. ATA has no business running a regional airline, the old management couldn't even run one airline profitably.

This is not Southwest's fault so please stop the Luv bashing, they really are only concerned with their own revenue.

bruce said:
I have been very blessed to work at C8. It has been a wonderful experience and I hope it continues to be. Honestly, you find wonderful people at Chico who take their job seriously but don't make their jobs dictate who they are as a person (at least most of the people and crews). Always a few out there.

We have, I think, the best management out there as well. They are supportive and they really do care. They are awesome.

This industry is a mess and 2005, they say, is going to be the worst year yet in aviaton history. Unfortunately, there is more pain to come.

I really think things do happen for a purpose and good things happen to good people. As I stated yesterday, "faith and fortitude are an indomitable equation".

And, Megadeth, I love your loyality. As a person who knows you personally and has flown with you many times, you are one heck of a person with a lot of heart.

Let's keep prayin' and hopin' for the best! j

Awwwww, shucks! That is so sweet! Don't let the cat out of the bag that I am not actually the a$$ half of the people think I am. ;)

Hobie,
How about.....I just don't have a desire to go there.

T45,
Yes, I think you are right....most of my post is probably based on emotion. When I did my personality test for C8 back in the day, it said I was very emotional. :)

atafan,
You actually believe something someone in ATA senior management told you?
Well, someone who flies for SWA told me that he found out that it was "totally SWA" that decided to shut C8 down.....so there!

capt. megadeth said:
Canyon,
Sorry if I jumped on ya, but I have a lot of friends at C8 and ATA. The whole situation is just heartbreaking. This week my anger is directed at SWA.

I think I should stop posting today as my words are not coming out the way I envision on 2 different posts. I have friends also who are getting nailed at their airlines and it pisses me off also. My turboprop comment was not directed at turboprops (typed in 2), but rather having a feed. I worked that route before and it always seem to pit mainline vs feed. That was one of my many things I liked about Southwest. I also stick up for C8 when a few of our pilots make comments about the Saabs clogging up Midway. And also you would rather fly with me before SWAdude, I think he may be losing it.;) (from other thread)

Latest resources

Back