ATA Parks a few Tri-Stars

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Race Pilot,

I flew Joint STARS at Robins from 97-01. There was a guy there named "Woody" who flew with me a lot. He's in training with ATA right now and wondered if "Woodrow" was the same guy. I hope ATA's recent announcement to reduce its flying doesn't slow anybody down over there.

B-J-J,

Your list of aircraft flown reads like a dream. I would give my left (fill in blank) to fly 1/2 of those exotic birds......B2, Concord, SR71, U2...etc... man, hang it up bro, you are not going to get anything out of an airline job (aside from $$ that is).

BTW, I too have always wanted to fly the Tri-Star, alas they are not likely to be in the US very much longer.

Well class is back on! Kelly just called and said they may have been a little quick on the trigger cancelling the class. I may get to fly the L-1011 after all.

Yes it's me speedbird.

Speedbird,
You are correct sir, it was me. Good to hear from you. I guess class is back on! Send me a personnal and I'll respond. Last I heard you were still deciding between SWA and Blue. Let me know what's going on.

Woody (Please don't tell anyone I flew J-STARS!)

For those of interested.

Here are the remaining delivery slots (subject to change of course) for 2002 and beyond.

Recently ATA sent home a new-hire class for the L1011 after announcing that they are retiring 3 L10's this year. However, they called them a week later and told them the class is back on.

Interesting point....ATA was already planning on retiring 3 L10's at the end of this year. It almost seems that they are playing the PR card in anticipation of the Federal Loan Guarantees.

For those waiting to interview. I wish I had more news for you. Our training department is overwhelmed trying to finish the training that was generated from last years System Bid. As an example...I was supposed to be on the 737 effective Jun 1 but they won't release me from the 757 to go to training because they are so short of 757 pilots.

Hang in there....I know...easier said than done when you are the one looking from outside the fence.

- ed

Delivery / In-Service Summary 737-800

Registration # (Tail #) Delivery Date Current In-Service Date

Currently in Service: 27 aircraft

N326TZ October 2002
N327TZ November 2002
N328TZ November 2002
N329TZ December 2002
N330TZ December 2002
N331TZ June 2003
N332TZ January 2004
N333TZ February 2004