ATA on warpath against general aviation again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skyaddict

I caught a story on the Today show this morning, referencing also a USA Today article, about how evil, rich people in their private planes are using airline ticket taxes to fund their useless GA playgrounds.... Looks like we will see another flurry of seat-back magazine editorial propaganda urging passengers to declare war on general aviation. I hope AOPA and NBAA retalliate with a counter-propaganda campaign against this rubbish.

I caught a story on the Today show this morning, referencing also a USA Today article, about how evil, rich people in their private planes are using airline ticket taxes to fund their useless GA playgrounds.... Looks like we will see another flurry of seat-back magazine editorial propaganda urging passengers to declare war on general aviation. I hope AOPA and NBAA retalliate with a counter-propaganda campaign against this rubbish.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2009-09-17-little-used-airports_N.htm

Caught the article first thing this AM...if you guys are bored you should post on AljazeeraToday.com below this article because the redistribution of wealth folks are giving the pilots are a hard time.

Would the ATA like to PAY for all the benefit they get from GA? Like all the flight training it takes to produce pilots they use to fly their jets? And the cost of the controllers, towers, airports necesssary to conduct such training?

Would the ATA like to reimburse the taxpayers for the cost of training all those Military pilots the taxpayers have paid for and the ATA then benefits from when theyhirs experienced pilots?

I find it funny that with all the security BS, extra fees, delays, limited luggage space, and seats that make your back and a$$ feel like you're paralyzed that the airlines are spending money on this propaganda instead of streamlining their own business. I hate airline people--you can put that in your article.

Editor: Sure is a slow newsday.
Reporter: I could go out and get a quote from the biggest scumbag operater (JO) in the airline busines and put it in the paper.
Editor: Great idea! Get on it right away!
Pilot readers of newspaper: WTFO?

Yeah they're right. Maybe we should shut down TEB and start flying into EWR instead................oh wait they already bitched about that last year. I would love to see a 777 behind a Cirrus doing S-turns @ the marker.
Maybe the ATA should shut-up and remember that at the beginning of this decade the Government bail out many airlines because they were run so poorly.

The airlines have gotten their fair share of government $.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back