• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATA may sell off passenger ops..found on another site

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can't make it to HI out of PHX and LAS with a B737 and make money.

Doesn't Aloha fly to a lot of west coast cities out of HNL (including vegas) w/ the 737? I know virtually nothing about Aloha and how profitable it is or isn't- but i think they do it.

Doesn't Aloha fly to a lot of west coast cities out of HNL (including vegas) w/ the 737? I know virtually nothing about Aloha and how profitable it is or isn't- but i think they do it.

AQ flies to LAS, but they stop in OAK first.

You can fly the airplane from PHX and LAS, but you are severly performance limited with the B737 trying to get to HI. That's why ATA does it with the B757. Works great.

Let me reiterate. AQ is a fine airline. I have no qualms about how they're run, but he B737 (any series) is a lousy ETOPS airplane. ATA is using it because that's what we've got. He!!, we've got MNPS and N. Atlantic approval now on the B73 and we're taking the d@mn things to Europe and Africa. :eek:

My question is IF they sold the scheduled ops, how do you decided which pilots go (scheduled ops) and which stays (cargo/troops)? Do the pilots go with the airplane they currently fly? If this is true and I was senior at ATA I would really be looking in to this to see what side I wan't to be on and bid that airplane.

Last edited:
My question is IF they sold the scheduled ops, who do you decided who goes and who stays (Pilots)? Do the pilots go with the airplane they currently fly? If this is true and I was senior at ATA I would really be looking in to this to see what side I wan't to be on and bid that airplane.

The McGaskill/Bond amendment to the Omnibus bill passed in December addresses seniority with a merged/purchased carrier.

ATA has framentation language in it's contract. What triggers it is complicated, but basically it's ruled by the "third." If a third, roughly, of a fleet is sold off, the current and qualified crews go with the airplane. (We have 12 B737s.) Ex: DC10 crewmember would/could not go with the B737's if they go to AQ regardless of his seniority.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back