• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATA Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got the same thing. I went to Higher Power for a type rating in Nov. One of the guys in the class was a retired AF C-130 guy, he got a phone call from ATA saying his app was under active consideration. Don't know if that is better or not. I still haven't got a handle on how many people received apps and if they are giving out more than they used to.

rumor fodder...

Since ATA does their simulator eval here at Purdue, I have gotten the opportunity to talk to many interviewees and a few of their hiring people. Most of my conversations were brief (I was either getting ready to fly the 727-100 sim or Frasca with a student), but I have heard ATA is going to start interviewing again mid-January with the possibility of 250-300 pilots in '04. I also have heard rumblings ATA is getting the rest of their 738s this year, along with a few "new" used 752s and *maybe* a few more L1011s (for int'l military charter).

Just some stuff I have heard, so take it with a grain of salt. I certainly DO hope ATA starts interviewing again; I was seeing interview groups every Mon-Wed throughout October. And if you do get an interview, you can contact Prof. John Young here at Purdue for a sim prep in the 727-200 sim (which ATA uses for their evals)

Good luck....movement up there is a good sign for people at the bottom like me!

Purdue/ATA sim point of contact???

Hello!!!!!!

Any reader have the phone number at Purdue for the point of contact at the ATA sim evaluation????

Happy New Year to all the readers on this domain.

9drvr.

Re: Purdue/ATA sim point of contact???

9drvr said:
Hello!!!!!!

Any reader have the phone number at Purdue for the point of contact at the ATA sim evaluation????

Happy New Year to all the readers on this domain.
9drvr.

Professor Young's email is [email protected]. Both John Young and Dick Fanjoy([email protected]) do the sim preps, but I believe Prof. Young would be the best POC. John Young was a Braniff FE before furlough and Dick Fanjoy was a KC-135 Aircraft Commander in the USAF.

ATA does *not* use Purdue instructors for the sim evals (they use their own pilots who are on the interview panel). However, in talking with ATA applicants, they swear the prep was money well spent because 1. Most people have been flying glass, not steam gauges, 2. 727 flies much differently than RJs or turboprops, and 3. they go through a few (if not all) of the profiles ATA uses. The profs also critique any bad habits or mistakes they see, and then we hear about them in class:D

Thanks Boilerup for the post. I hope they start interviewing soon. Good for those of us trying for a job and good for you!

Hello,

I turned my app. in mid November recieved a call for a interview Dec.15th, Interviews are Jan. 20th, 21st, and 22nd.
I had one LOR on file from a new hire.
Hope that helps.

Latest resources

Back