ATA Hiring Plans

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Guys,

There really is no "training package" that is sent to you. Kelly will arrange your travel to Indy, and then when you get to the Amerisuites, there will be a welcome letter in your room. If I remember correctly, 2 days before I left for Indy...I got a letter saying to bring a passport photo for my company ID and that was it.

Enjoy training...our class had a great time. The Instructors were all awesome and made the process as painless as possible.

ATAscott

Thanks Scott! Looking forward to it. I'll probably call you this weekend. Have you done IOE yet?

Bill

Just got my training letter today for Monday's L-1011 class. It's the first time I have seen it in writing, so some celebratory excuberance ensued.

Nothing like seeing it on paper!

Got my letter for the 737 class. See you in indoc. Guess I better start packing.:D

sayagain?

George Zip said:
Just got my training letter today for Monday's L-1011 class. It's the first time I have seen it in writing, so some celebratory excuberance ensued.

Nothing like seeing it on paper!

Yeah, I was REALLY nervous until I got that letter. Congrats.

Make sure you guys take a big, EMPTY, flight bag or similar with you to class. The first day you get a box of books two feet square. If you don't have something acceptable to put them in you'll end up like some of the dudes in my class. They had to carry their clothes in garbage bags so they could get all the books in their suitcases for the trip down to ATL for aircraft training. Looked like the Beverly Hillbillies in the Delta boarding area when they got the short arm inspection before getting on the airplane.

Don't say I didn't warn ya. Now - if I could just get my copy of the new contract in the mail... Oh, well.

Finally got my letter about 3 pm today. I was wondering if it was going to make it. Funny thing, about three hours later I got a letter via email from Jet Blue letting me know that I made it through the interview phase and am moving on to Phase II (background checks and such). Sure am looking forward to going to Indy but I'll have a lot on mind while I'm there. :eek:

George Zip.Is that LT. George Zip as in 'just win one for the Zipper' ? Anyway,congrats on you guys,esp. the L10 'Trihog' guys.I started with ATA 3yrs. ago.I accepted a position in the 727 but when I got to basic indoc the letter said L1011.Being mostly a corporate King Air and Falcon driver you can imagine my surprise.All the 727 guys were no-jet time guys.Two guys went the 757 and four of us went to the L10.IOE was quite a trip flying across the pond .I wen to the 737 recently and while the gadgetry is nice I miss the sweet-flying L10.I guess you still get to haul your huge box-o-books to school.Enjoy!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back