• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATA Health?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Correct me if I'm wrong...... But it sounds like a classic B-Scale feed for SWA. Why are the SWA pilots allowing their flying to be outsourced. I have a lot of friends at ATA and I wish them the best, but how much of their flying is feed for SWA, and how much is charter and O & D traffic for ATA. You would hope the SWA pilots wouldn't stand for this, and give the ATA pilots a helping hand....... But I'm sure they will just twist in the wind....

Good luck to all.

p.s. All I know about the deal is what I've read on this thread, so sorry in advance if I do not have the big pictue

I have to agree, I don't want to see ATA becoming "B" scale feed either. I think at least for now, the only flying we will do as codeshare with SWA will be flying they can't or want to do themselves.

I welcome a productive healthy discussion regarding this.

B-Scale feed? What is that, some type of new dog food?

Its my understanding the code-share was a two way street. You guys think this is a one way code share?

If our union was worried about our international flights being out sourced then they would probably speak up. I never bid on the overseas stuff myself, I like to stay in the lower 48.
:beer:

Obviously it's a two sided agreement. The percentage of feed from SWA to ATA is much greater to ATA than ATA's feed to SWA. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled with this deal and hope that we don't run into any snags with violating any scope issues with SWA pilots.

This codeshare agreement has been a life line to us and I want to see it's full potential.

SWA/FO said:
If our union was worried about our international flights being out sourced then they would probably speak up. I never bid on the overseas stuff myself, I like to stay in the lower 48.
:beer:

you don't bid the "overseas stuff" at Swa?

you don't bid the "overseas stuff" at Swa?
I think he meant "Over "C"s Stuff" :beer:

Dude, we have no scope.

Unless you count the little bottles of mouthwash at some of the hotels, then on certain overnights you can say we have scope at SWA.

Forgive me, I thought you had something similiar to scope. A SWA friend told me that your contract made mention to SWA not owning over 25% of another airline.

Is this false intel?

Why dosen't SWA just go ahead and cut the rope and let ATA slowly sink. Kinda like ATA did to Chicago Express, (except they did it abruptly) ATA seems to be on a path similar to Chi Ex. It's only a matter of time.

Latest resources

Back