Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATA closes shop - 2008 is proving to be brutal. Any predictions of the next to fall?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just heard that Sun Country just furloughed a 1/3 of their pilots.

Champion just ceased operation the other day as well. Airplanes are parked all over the country. I think frontier, skybus and sun country the next to go

My guess....

ExpressJet branded folds in less than a month, I'd put some money on that. They will low ball Delta flying and have an SLC domicile in less than two months at SkyWest's expense.

Mesa will lose domestic (lower 48) flying one by one, left with 900 flying and Go!

Skybus gone in three months.

Virgin America gone in 12 months.

One legacy (who knows?) gone/merged/stapled in 12 months.

My guesses are worth what you paid for them....

Lilah

I fail to see how XJT management can justify continuing branded flying for much longer.

ExpressJet branded folds in less than a month, I'd put some money on that. They will low ball Delta flying and have an SLC domicile in less than two months at SkyWest's expense.

SkyWest has a utilzation contract with Delta for at least the next two years. I do not think that expressjet could opperate at a loss, in the current environment, for the next two years to obtain a sustainible contract as a DCI carrier. Delta could cancel all of SkyWest's flying for Expressjet, but that would come at a huge cost that could spin Delta back into ch. 11.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back