Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATA closes shop - 2008 is proving to be brutal. Any predictions of the next to fall?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My guess....

ExpressJet branded folds in less than a month, I'd put some money on that. They will low ball Delta flying and have an SLC domicile in less than two months at SkyWest's expense.

Mesa will lose domestic (lower 48) flying one by one, left with 900 flying and Go!

Skybus gone in three months.

Virgin America gone in 12 months.

One legacy (who knows?) gone/merged/stapled in 12 months.

My guesses are worth what you paid for them....

Lilah

What is the penality for Delta taking away Mesa's 900 flying? I thought those airframes were on the Delta certificate and being paid for by Delta, and Delta clearly wants them flown by someone (unlike the DoJets of a few years ago) so as long as Delta handeled the leases, etc for the planes, how much additional penality could it cost to move 14 planes somewhere else if the leases were already covered?

Just wondering that if Delta was unhappy with Mesa performance, wouldn't it be all of them? Whatever their reliability factor is, I'm sure their 900 flights were very similar.

good luck to all those who got some bad news this week

To all the pilots just lost jobs.. sorry to hear the bad news.
Good luck out there.

maybe a day off from the RJ pilots bashing each other is in order...then again. what can you expect from these airline biz speculators/experts?

One of the legacies will go away. My roll of the dice says UAL.

I heard AWA pilots are walking off the job right after USAPA wins the election.

Probably be the end of US Airways.

I heard AWA pilots are walking off the job right after USAPA wins the election.

Probably be the end of US Airways.

Surprised to see a mighty Usair East Pilot on the regional board, your usually too good to even look at us. Thought you would be busy s-c-r-e-w-i-n-g us like you've been for the last 10 years, thanks for stooping by anyway.

Surprised to see a mighty Usair East Pilot on the regional board, your usually too good to even look at us. Thought you would be busy s-c-r-e-w-i-n-g us like you've been for the last 10 years, thanks for stooping by anyway.

Now that's not very nice. I love Erin Andrews by the way. Check out Lindsay Soto too. She, may just be a little hotter ;-).

Trojan

Latest resources

Back