Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATA closes shop - 2008 is proving to be brutal. Any predictions of the next to fall?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skybus will be gone by end of summer. Upper management is already bailing and they are cutting routes or frequencies.

J.O. will try ta start a new carrier where the pilots will pay for the privledge ta fly and passengers will pay even bigger to get stuck at airports around the country...... Bouyyyyyyyyyy.....

Alitalia in Italy will liquidate soon. Yeah, it's a scary time for airline pilots. As more airlines fall, the outlook for the entire industry grows more dim - it's like a domino effect with lenders and passengers getting nervous.

I think the regional industry will be impacted significantly as well - at least in the pocket book as the fees for feed are renegotiated. UAL is closely watching the Mesa/Delta situation from what I hear.

I guess Netjets will become a popular alternative for a lot of experienced regional drivers - I know that I would apply if I didn't like my current gig so much... Good luck to all!

Final Day at ATA

Sitting here in the office it is very sad day. If you have never been through this it is very difficult to say the least. Planning where your planes will sit as the end is here. I wish all the best as our industry changes and most are left out in the cold.

Latest resources

Back