• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Astra SPX pt. 135 Charter companies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear 60...S.L. to FL410=20 minutes.....Astra SPX from S.L. to FL410=35 minutes. Astra out of FL350 and climbing...300 (yeah, 3 hundred) to 400 fpm...so just imagine your drift down in the thing.

The SPx will do Sea Level to FL410 at or near ISA in about 25 minutes. I have never seen the climb rates that you are referring to out of FL350. Usually you can maintain 400-500 FPM all the way to FL410. Out of FL350, you should be seeing 800 - 1,200 FPM in the SPx. You may want to check the climb schedule that you're using.

The SPX I'm thinking of didn't have the extended tanks, so at the 5:15 mark you were looking for a place to land. So add the extra 800 lbs and maybe you are about 5:45 and it's time to land.

I have flown the SPx 6+42 and landed with 1,400 lbs of fuel. First hour fuel burn is 1,800 lbs.

My Asta sources are telling me the SPX can go 6:15 and land with IFR reserves. Is this not true?

True.

If you operate an Astra to HI you should have your head examined. With that said, I see them there all the time parked right next to the dopes in Hawkers. The Astra is NOT an overwater airplane. Besides not having enough fuel it does not have an IRS/IRU.

Agree.

Latest resources

Back