• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Assistant Dispatcher position posted at SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Could somebody please PM me with some interview gouge? I did the phone interview in 2008, and didn't get past HR.

A lady friend of mine got the "we're interested in talking to you" e-mail. Thanks.

Could somebody please PM me with some interview gouge? I did the phone interview in 2008, and didn't get past HR.

A lady friend of mine got the "we're interested in talking to you" e-mail. Thanks.

Since the People Dept handles the phone interviews (at least that's how it's done last I knew), it's not totally dispatch-centric topics. It's more "how did you handle a difficult experience", "what do you do if you are working with someone you don't like", "can you multi-task", "explain a time when you came up with a solution to a problem"...... That type of stuff.

I could be wrong, but that's what I would expect.

When I did one last year, I don't really don't think there was much asked at all. I think I might have gotten asked a "Why do you want to work at Southwest?" and then a "Tell me about yourself?" type question and then that was about it. I remember it was really short. Granted, maybe they will change things up this year, and every HR recruiter may do things different.

The phone interview is HR trying to determine a candidate's personality traits and decide whether they "fit" the SWA culture. Best advise I can give is be yourself, kill them with kindness, exude confidence, and sell yourself. You should know whether or not you move on to the next step (testing) by the end of the conversation I would think. That's how it all went down for me anyway.

Last edited:
Could somebody please send me a PM with the pay for this? I think the assistant dispatch pay TWU normally is 75% (or is it 78%) of the dispatcher pay.

One of my friends has been asked to go down for testing, but she'd like additional info on the pay. To me it is a no brainer to take the job, but I told her I would ask.

Thanks,
Brian

Latest resources

Back