Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kilroy

http://www.filecabi.net/v
Are most aircraft limited to 2% up and -1% down for take off and landing and if so how do you legally get out of Aspen. The aircraft we fly is 2% up -1% so we don,t even have balanced field for this runway. Now it has been my understanding is that the AFM does not have for performance for any particular operation then it is not legal. Any help on this would be great

i like the philosophy of a chief pilot i once had the priviledge of working with:

"we don't go into airports where the elevation exceeds the length of the runway."

it worked for many years until he retired, which was a sad day for many of us. i go into kase with regularity now. :)

Last edited:
As I recall KASE is a 2% slope... The difference between the ends of the runway are 140' (if I remember right) and the length is 7000. Which gives you a 2% slope. What aircraft are you flying? What is limiting you getting out of there legally?? BFL??? Take less weight... Leave there and get gas somewhere else... Second seg climb gradient is usually what gets most people... For the departure (someone correct me if Im wrong) it takes about a 460' per NM which is over a 7% climb grad... Depending on temp and stuff like that, alot of aiplanes cant do that... Unless your in a Falcon 50EX/900, Gulfstream or Lear 60. Work the charts and see what you can really do... The tab data in a checklist can be very limiting...

we fly a westwind which only has numbers for 2% up -1% down. In the AFM it states 1% down is not the limit but there are no performance charts for anything more than -1%. So can we take off ???

Latest resources

Back