Asiana B-767

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WYOMINGPILOT

I have just applied through Rishworth to Asiana and they will not accept B-767-200 pilots, only B-767-300 pilots. I only have 767-200 flight time. What a ridiculous requirement and now consider myself just a lowly, pathetic B-767-200 pilot not worthy of Asiana's superior status. Can any of you 767-300 pilots shed some light on why this would be such a big deal? I have flown ETOPS 767-200s and we have HDGs so someone please enlighten me as to why Asiana would have such a ridiculous requirement. The contract at Asiana is VERY subpar and not very good for commuting so no big loss anyway. Good luck to you 767-300 Sky Gods.

Well, the -300 has a tailbumper and the -200 doesn't.

flyboyikeWell, the -300 has a tailbumper and the -200 doesn't

Well then it's a good thing I am not a 767-300 pilot as I am not into tailbumping like you. You can have the Asiana 767-300 job and frequent your gay bars in Seoul with your tail bumping.

WG, first thing you need to do is not to take your frustrations against the pilots. someone makes a joke and you call him gay and now all the 763 pilots are skygods?
If Seoul is so bad and full of gay bars and the contract is substandard, why are you so flustered by not getting the interview? better yet, why did you apply? there are other contracts out here that are pretty good and will take your substandard non professional 762 hours (It's a joke man, relax. breathe in and think a happy place)

First thing you need to understand about Asia in general if you are going to pursuit employment here is that there is no "why" things are the way they are and your logic and theirs is not the same and will never be. Another aspect is that right now all these contracts are pretty fat on applicants right now so they can afford to be as picky as they want to be, I was talking to a PARC rep about another issue and she told me that they have hired additional personnel just to handle the increment in applications.

good luck man, I'm at your service if you have any questions about opportunities in Japan.

Sincerely

Skygod

Well then it's a good thing I am not a 767-300 pilot as I am not into tailbumping like you. You can have the Asiana 767-300 job and frequent your gay bars in Seoul with your tail bumping.

I doubt Asiana would be interested in me, but I appreciate the good wishes.

there are other contracts out here that are pretty good and will take your substandard non professional 762 hours

Funny guy, you would make a good recruiter at Asiana. Relax dude, take a chill pill, I just thought it was a bit ridiculous to exclude a type rated B-757/767 pilot who only has 767-200 time and exclude him from a 767-300 position. Don't take it personal, I am not worthy of your superior 767-300 status.

Im not sure that was the main reason for not getting hired (and this is based on the few posts you wrote). Get a grip, and it seems some -300 time as well.

Good luck to you 767-300 Sky Gods.

You called..?

Not much difference between flying the -200 or -300.
I like the shorter one better, she flies more "balanced" if anything.

As for the Koreans..No idea, but if there was a pilot shortage, there would be no difference between the two.

Im not sure that was the main reason for not getting hired (and this is based on the few posts you wrote). Get a grip, and it seems some -300 time as well.

Yea I'll be sure and get right on that. Do you just walk right in to 7-11 where you work and say I'd like to order 500 hours of 767-300 time, Get a clue!

Latest resources

Back